Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: First half decent run today ...  (Read 1693 times)

Offline pauljh

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Peterborough
First half decent run today ...
on: May 24, 2015, 05:27:44 PM
I've only been riding my 2015 Crossrunner for a few days and only a handful of local miles so far.

This morning I got up early with the larks and set off for a 60 mile route around Rutland Water and the surrounding roads and villages just to get a proper feel of the bike, it always feels a tad strange coming off one bike and onto another especially when there's a big difference in type/performance (last bike was BMW S1000R).

First thoughts were just how relaxing the Crossrunner is to ride; seat quality, torquey motor, ride height and wind protection all work really well together to create a great feeling.

Engine performance was better than expected also and I noticed there was some extra performance once the revs got into v-tech mode which was great as I was epecting more noise but not really much more power  :002:  Coming out of corners and getting the bike above 7K rpm and she pulled really strongly and gave me a great big smile.

Really chuffed at the all round capabilities of this bike and looking forward to many more enjoyable miles  :001:

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Re: First half decent run today ...
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:37:30 PM
Just back from a weeks touring on mine & fully agree with you  :001:

Just ordered an Ixil Exhaust as I like to hear what the engine's doing & with ear plugs in standard is a bit quiet.

Also ordered some shorty levers to reduce the finger workload.....

Offline pauljh

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 07:05:40 PM

I am fortunate that mine came fitted with the Akrapovic can and the baffle has been taken out.  Sounds fab  :001:

I think the Ixil exhaust will be awesome.  :062:

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:50:20 PM
Glad you are enjoying it, like you I came from a bigger more prestigious bike but the crossrunner does everything you need and doesn't lure you into travelling at licence losing speeds.

recent