Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Levers  (Read 6312 times)

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Levers
on: May 25, 2015, 10:59:22 AM
After a week long tour (fantastic) on the Crossrunner  I have ordered a V-Trec Brake + Clutch Lever Set (short)

Couple of reasons 1) So I can re position Barkbusters a little higher as found they were directing wind up top of jacket sleeve. Currently restricted as guard frame interferes with tip of standard levers.

2) Ease the strain on hands/fingers on longer days

Will report after testing.......

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Re: Levers
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 06:12:59 PM
look forward to your report, i've adjusted the reach on my standard levers to accommodate new barkbusters in the closer to handlebars position.. ( they still just foul the speedo console but not enough to prevent using the steering lock.

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:08 AM
Fitted the new levers & tried them out on a wee 150 mile run. Well pleased with them as they have resolved all my issues with the standard levers. Plenty space now to adjust Barkbusters to any angle, no more draughts up my jacket sleeve. Clutch & brake use now effortless using 2 fingers which fit in nicely where the angle changes on the levers. Both levers fitted perfectly & appear high quality. You can order these in various colours (adjusters also) but I went for black.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:25:58 AM
Very nice, looks like you also put a bit of a bend into the barkbusters to stop them fouling on the console?

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 09:38:17 AM
Well spotted 54K......

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 07:19:05 PM
I've got the acerbis guards, there is adjustment on the apex of the 'L' so no need for bending - not sure why the barkbusters seem to dominate.
Am I missing something?

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 07:38:55 PM
*Originally Posted by reasty [+]
I've got the acerbis guards, there is adjustment on the apex of the 'L' so no need for bending - not sure why the barkbusters seem to dominate.
Am I missing something?

let's see some pictures then!  :084:

Offline soundhound86

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:20 PM
Im also after some adjustable levers for my 2012 crossrunner, does anyone know what levers fit? As in are they the same levers from the vfr800f sports Tourer? Or are they specific to the crossrunner? Also where can I get a set of nice short adjustable levers from?  Many thanks!

Offline Dunarin

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 12:22:10 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Trec-Brake-Clutch-Lever-Set-short-long-Honda-Crossrunner-11-15-/391186277704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b1484e548

Make sure you select the short version & choose colours for levers + adjusters. Delighted with mine :)

Offline soundhound86

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:00 PM
Ahhhhhhh thank you so much they look awesome! Can't decide on which colour yet then alls I will need is some crash bobbins and handguards :)