Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Nothing new??  (Read 9436 times)

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Nothing new??
on: June 03, 2015, 07:38:38 PM
Looking at how many members there are on the forum , i'm a little disappointed how few contribute and how little information sharing is going on here and on other sites.

OK maybe us C.R. owners don't do mods. or have issues but we don't even post that we have been out for rides?

What's going on?

other bike forums are really buzzing.

Lets make some noise about our pride and joys!   :046: :047: :028:

Offline pauljh

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Peterborough
Re: Nothing new??
Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:19:34 PM

Trevor ... I'm of the same opinion that there isn't much activity here.  It's a shame and needs a few more members revving things up a bit  :002:

I've tried to add a few new threads ... and will keep trying for a bit longer at least .

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:26:42 PM
True there are not too many active members compared to other forums, but the CR is just not that common yet. 
Moreover, this is not the only site I frequent.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:31:36 PM
What...there are other sites??? :005:

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
Oh yes I was directed here as the others were even sleepier. There are 600 odd members here where are you all?

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:33:42 PM
Well I'm here, but the bike is actually my wife's and she definitely doesn't do the internet.
So in keeping with things, today , her bike went to Hoar Park in Warwickshire, it's a bikers paradise on a Wednesday morning, google it, the bike went with it's owner, her husband had to go to work, being on a weekday morning you can get the jist of the age group, mostly on age related iron, though not all. They do a boxing day meet as well and I can tell you that was cold, but a nice run out all the same.
A bit tongue in cheek, so apologies for that, but I know what you mean, better quiet than inhabited by numpties.

GA

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:43:47 PM
Thank you for the few, reassuring me I'm not just shouting into the wind.

Offline Slidy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Cleobury
Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:05:14 AM
Well I was starting to get a little paranoid. After 3 years on this site, I sold my CR a few weeks ago. I came back here to see what's happening and find more posts than I have seen for ages!!   :002:

This is about as busy as it gets around here!!

As for over 600 members, I think this site, as many others is easy to sign on to, and when you leave you can't find how to, or just can't be bothered to delete your profile.

A site I was on a few years ago advertised itself as having over 24,000 members. After a few months, I noticed around 30 people posting, so I looked at the membership list. Out of the first 100 names, 80 of them were marked as inactive for more than 6 months. I could find no way to disable my profile.
Down to them being able to charge more for advertising if they can show high membership figures? Even if the actual number of active members is just a fraction of that :084:?

Stick with it, There have been some interesting posts on here, and I picked up a few good tips over the years.  :047:

Offline Tanarthur

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:56 AM
Not much ride out for me. Did a 5-nation ride last year so taking it slow this year. Did share my trip report on a separate thread.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 10:49:20 AM
Yes, I saw your review and pictures  :028: How many miles have you put on your bike now?

Do we have any really high mileage bikes on the forum and are there any issues that come up with age?