Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Mitas sport force +  (Read 4192 times)

Offline rmurgelj

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 800
  • City / Town: Ljubljana
Mitas sport force +
on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:36 PM
Hi,

on my VFRX I have used set of Pirelli Scorpions, which came with the bike. I bought the bike in 2013.
Handling and grip excellent, very predictable, good on wet and dry, not nervous, very stable at different lean angles, they just do not fall down at some degrees. It means not progressive, only predictable linear form. Rear and front totaly worn out at 4500 kms.

Later on I bought Dunlop Roadsmarts 2, which I know very well, as I used them on previous bikes. Grip average, not so good as Scoprions, but predictable, with clear signals when approaching limit. Both worn out at 5500 kms.
This started to bug me, as I never had such low kms on other bikes with same tyres.

Problem of course in suspension, front end packing down and wearing out tyres too fast.

I reworked front end with Wilbers, and mounted Dunlop Sportsmart 2. Tyres are not best, encoutered some slides, as they are very prone to slide when tarmac quality changes fast, connected with dynamic ride. But tyre wear, due to sorted suspension, 9000kms.

Now I am on Mitas sport force +. tyres in fact are Slovenian product - and I am Slovene! First generation wore name Sava sport force ( partially Mitas sport force ), second generation Mitas sport force +. CGS bought Sava tyres.

These tyres are really good and cheap, front + rear is available for 160 euros.
Very good grip, very predictable, stable, good tyre wear ( collegues made 7000 kms on rear and 9000 on front - sporty ride on rough tarmac, sport and naked bikes ).
I have never tried Dunlop 211/212GP - some claim Mitas is more or less same characteristic, I know Mitas is way better than Dunlop Sportsmart 2, offering very sporty ride.

Highly reccomended.

BR,

Rok

Offline karlytus

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Me
  • Bike: VFR800x
  • City / Town: Lisbon
Re: Mitas sport force +
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:04:41 PM
Hi! What about Pirelli Angel GT? For me its the best Sport Touring tyres.. Best Regards
Best regards,
Karlytus

Offline rmurgelj

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:44:21 AM
Pirelli Angel GT I have newer tried.

I will stick to SS tyres, as they offer better handling and not significantly reduced mileage...

Try Mitas, bike is like 185 kg motard on this ones... Will not regret it:

Tyres I have ridden: Dunlop D252 ( 3 ), Dunlop Roadsmart ( 5 ), Dunlop Roadsmart 2 ( 3 ), Dunlop Sportsmart 2 ( 1 ), Metzeler Z6 ( 2 ), Metzeler Z6 interact ( 1 ), Metzeler Z8 interact ( 3 ), Pirelli Scorpions ( 1 ), Mitas Sport force  - just rubbing. Best among tried ones..

BR.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 11:50:48 PM
Mitas recalling Sport Force tyres
Posted on August 8, 2014 by touron2wheels
Mitas_Sport_Force_Tyre_with_StickerSlowenian tyre manufacturer Mitas is mainly know for its tyres used on Off-Highway vehicles and for industrial applications. Recently Mitas has moved also into the budget automotive and motorcycle tyre business. And not without success as Mitas Sport Force tyre was recently tested by German motorcycle magazine Motorrad, and got marked as being “Kauftipp” or in good English “Best Buy”.

A little unfortunate is that Mitas has started voluntarily to recall some of their 2014 production (week 1 up to and including week 26) of Sport Force tyres. Savatech, Mitas’ parent company, states:

During sustained high speed riding a bulge may appear on the tread of the tyre causing vibration and in the most extreme of cases some of the tread may become detached. This problem has only been simulated in controlled and the most severe of conditions. The Sport Force recall is pre-emptive.
Customers can determine whether their tyre is subject to recall by checking the brand name “MITAS”, tyre name “Sport Force,” inscription “tubeless” and DOT codes from 0114 to 2614, on the tyre sidewall. No other tyres are affected. The recalled tyres were made in Slovenia.

Offline rmurgelj

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:13:14 AM
Yep.

And new generation is still Made in Slo.

What is wrong with compnay standing behind the product.

Numerous of problems with deformation of front Dunlop Roadsmart 1., and no recall.

What do you find better?

Br

Rok

Offline jan1195xx

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:16 AM
Did you use the mitas sport force + in wet conditions? Btw, last week i have been some days in slovenia. Nice country, nice people and nice roads. Made a trip to the julian alps.

Jan

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:50:15 AM
I'm hoping the "+" is the new version sorting out the potential problem on the first generation tyres.
Not knocking a company for being brave enough to recall a product.

I have friends who have lost confidence in BMW following the death of Kevin Ash on a GS and apparently "Known" issues about its ability to go into a tank slapper. No recall by them (to be fair, not heard anything more about the potential problem either).

Offline Ploz58

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2011 Vfr800x
  • City / Town: Central Victoria
Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:57 AM
Mitas now have a tour force road Tyre. Has anyone tried these, I'm about to put new tyres on my XC, given my riding habits a road based Tyre will be fine.

recent