Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Insurance companies  (Read 2687 times)

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Insurance companies
on: June 27, 2015, 07:09:47 PM
 :230:
Quick rant

1. Insure Bike (VFR1200FD) with Bennetts and protect my maximum NCB ( 9 years as far as Bennetts go) for £110 fully comp.

2. Have a house fire where bike is consumed whilst parked and unattended. Cause of house fire is proven to be poor wiring by recent Professional Solar panel installation.

3. Make claim on house and motoring policies (House policy might sue the installers, motor policy doesn't give a damn) :014:

4. Buy Crossrunner from motor insurance payout.  :047:

5. Renew insurance advice , £815.16 check on comparison websites find Bennetts insurance for £114  :210:

6. Ring Bennetts ask what protected NCB means to them? put on hold for 20 mins. Comparison website quote frozen and then removed!  :173:

7. Yes i have protected NCB. Yes the insurance group for a Crossrunner is lower than the 1200.  Yes we can reduce the premium to £392  :084:

8. What  :005:  :076:

9. Go elsewhere for £136  :087:

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Insurance companies
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:28:41 PM
I think that you need to find out how they have categorised the previous claim.  If they have not been able to claim against another party or insurance company they may have decided to consider it an "at fault" claim.  This would put your premium up regardless of NCB.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:05:38 PM
Oh it is a fault claim - anything which doesn't get 100% recovery is. The fact that they are not interested in pursuing recovery galls me.

Neither does it really define what protected NCB is about though. Clearly there has been a claim, fault or otherwise isn't specified in the terms of the protection blurb (that i can see anyway).

and whilst not a conspiracy theorist - what happened to the on line quote, part of me wishes i had just settled for that rather than go back to them regarding the renewal notice.

You do add a bit of prospective though Dave and I appreciate that.

Rant over!

Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:35:00 AM by 54K+

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:40:13 PM
If you had taken the on-line quote you would probably have had a letter in a few weeks telling you that the circumstances of the offer were not fully understood and asking for more cash.  This way you got to look elsewhere without getting locked into Bennetts.

I am with Just Motorcycles (a sub company of Carole Nash that is cheaper as it does not include breakdown cover).  They are still progressing the claim for an accident I had last November. They tried to push me to accept a third of the blame based on the response of the other company, but when I wrote at length pointing out a number of reasons why the accident could not have happened the way the other party claimed, they rallied and are pushing back hard.  Hopefully I will soon find out if the other company is willing to accept the claim or wishes to go to court fairly soon.
Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:47:15 PM by Si Click
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 10:53:50 PM
Dave
you are a wise soul!
Good luck with your claim.
Interestingly my House insurance are currently undecided if they will let me have a copy of the forensic fire examiners report so that I can sue the solar panel company for my uninsured losses. ( 2 policy excesses and no cover for my destroyed motorcycle clothing and helmet.