Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Issues with the seat  (Read 1637 times)

Offline esullivan

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2014 VFX800X
  • City / Town: South Ruislip
Issues with the seat
on: July 02, 2015, 08:57:34 AM
I'm enjoying my CR (have done 1,400 miles so far), but I'm not thrilled with the seat. It's comfortable, but difficult to get on again once you've taken it off. My biggest issue with it is that the front hooks (which attach under the tank, at the sides) keep coming out, presumably because the seat shifts a bit when I get on or off. The seat seems secure when this happens, but it looks unsightly and feels wrong when riding. I think what's happening is the flimsy plastic front hooks have started wearing down already. I suppose once they've worn completely I'll no longer have this issue... :002:

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a cure?

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Re: Issues with the seat
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:46:14 PM
yes i have seen it mentioned before,
I find that after a couple of attempts at seating it properly they do stay hooked in, so may I suggest you double check that they are properly located by trying to pull them ( gently)  outwards. They shouldn't flap about.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Issues with the seat
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 01:15:45 PM
I've never had the seat come out of the front lock tabs, but it has to be one of the worst seat designs out there  :012:

With the seat properly fitted it shouldn't move fore and aft, the bit that stops this is the lock at the rear. You have to lift this when removing the seat.

As 54K said check that the tabs are in place.  The best technique I've found for fitting the seat is to use one thigh to push one of the flappy ears towards the bike, use one hand to pull the other ear in, then you can use your remaining hand to pull the seat forwards and push down onto the lock.  the check the flappy ears are secure in the tabs.

recent