Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tom Tom Rider (Bracket)  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Curve

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Tom Tom Rider (Bracket)
on: July 03, 2015, 02:52:58 PM
Dear All,

Just to really make you all aware!

I have a 2015 CR which came with a TomTom, a couple of months back while cleaning I noticed that the 'shoe' that the TomTom fits into was broken and hanging off. So I brought it to the attention of my Honda Dealer who said it was nothing to do with them!! But gave me a number for TomTom and they kindly sent me a new one.

However a couple of weeks back I was on my way home (I do 60miles a day through London) and as I turned a corner, due to a diversion, I hit a brick on the road! which threw the bike about, I fought hard to keep the bike upright, and rode off thinking FM that was close. However at the next Junction 50m away I realised I had no TomTom, I did a U turn and despite the brick still being in the middle of the road the TomTom was gone :005:

Here is the simple fact, the shoe/bracket or whatever is simply not strong enough to hold the TomTom upright, obviously it does not like potholes nor speed bumps. I have just called TomTom who have said that because they have already replaced one bit it is now 'out of warranty' but they will give me 25% of a new unit.  :172:

So I urge you to go outside NOW and have a wee look and I'd also strongly recommend tethering it.

Other than that  :419:

Offline Chilled

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X '15
  • City / Town: Lisbon
Re: Tom Tom Rider (Bracket)
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 03:54:42 PM
Sorry to hear that..  :003:

I've got a Garmin Zuomo, with ram mounts, so far so good.

Cheers,
"Only a biker knows why dogs sticks its head out of a car window"