Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Scottoiler installation on 2015 model  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Scottoiler installation on 2015 model
on: July 13, 2015, 04:23:32 PM
Hi.

I am planning to install a Scottoiler V system sometime over the next few weeks.

As I was a bit concerned about the possibility of getting oil on the rear disk brake I discussed it with a very nice chap Mark, who is a technical expert from Scottoiler.

He said I should not have any problems with the oiler fouling the rear disk if it is fed onto the rear sprocket properly and kept to a reasonable flow.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of room for error on this due to the nuts on the sprocket being so close to the teeth!

There is a custom adaptor to mount the injector on the 2014 VFR and 2015 Crossrunner chain guard available, which they are posting to me for free.

He also very kindly sent me a few photos of a previous installation but I was wondering if anyone had any other tips to aid the installation.

:087:

By the way, if anybody is particularly keen on seeing his pictures I will happily ask for his permission to share them on the forum or failing that I will post pictures of my own installation when it is complete.

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Scottoiler installation on 2015 model
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:50:33 PM
Customer service from Scottoiler is excellent.  The best advice on installation will come from the company themselves.  I would only add to take your time setting up the drip rate.  I find that 1 drop every 40 seconds is enough to oil the chain year round without allowing any excess oil to spray onto the rear wheel.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:56:24 PM
*Originally Posted by Si Click [+]
I find that 1 drop every 40 seconds is enough to oil the chain year round without allowing any excess oil to spray onto the rear wheel.

Thank you I will try to get that sort of flow.

:152:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
Well the Scottoiler is fitted.

I decided to have it done by the dealer at the first service as I was nervous of cutting into the vacuum on the bike.

The dealer was a bit hesitant at first as apparently Honda had mentioned during a training course that messing with the vacuum on the VFR engines can cause problems.

I left it with them and they decided it would be ok and fitted it.

Unfortunately by the time I got home the dispensing nozzle which had been placed slightly the wrong way round had blocked and any oil on the chain had washed off in the downpour on the way home.

As soon as the rain stopped I fitted a new nozzle with the cut face facing away from the sprocket as it should be, set the flow to 1 drop every 40 seconds and re routed the dispenser tubing a bit more discretely than the dealer had done.

I took the bike for a 40 mile ride this afternoon and all is well.

There appears to be no effect on the engine running and the chain looks well oiled with minimal fling (some is inevitable as the oil dripped onto the sprocket to oil the chain has to eventually go somewhere).

The only thing with the v system is that the flow varies with temperature because it feeds by gravity and the oil thickens when cold. This means I will have to adjust the dispenser in the cooler months to keep the flow at 1 drop every 40 seconds.

:028:
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:25:47 PM by Greenie

Offline Jezride

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 03:35:08 PM
Hi Greenie would you kindly post photos of your installation: routing of the Scottoiler from RMV to the Dual injector placement position. And the correction you made.
I thot of transferring my Vsystem from my old to the 2015 Crossrunner.
Thanks!
Jezride

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:15:23 PM
The RMV is mounted under the rear seat and the delivery tubing routed under the front seat and down near the rear shock. The pictures show the RMV position, the view from the side of the bike and a close up of where the delivery tubing comes out from under the seat.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:23:50 PM
The next 2 pictures show where the delivery tubing runs along the chain guard attached to the existing tubing by cable ties.

The last picture shows the injector position mounted using a special adapter available from Scottoiler for the 2015 Crossrunner to the small plastic guard over the rear sprocket.

Sorry the picture doesn't show much but the injector is well hidden behind the guard and difficult to photograph. The dual injector is according to Scottoiler not suitable for our bike so I used the single injector that came with the kit.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 07:28:23 PM
I hope the pictures help and yes I know the bike is dirty! I have been having too much fun riding it to clean it!

:419:

:001:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 07:39:05 PM
Here are some of the pictures sent to me by Mark Celino from Scottoiler. They are a bit clearer than my meagre efforts.

:008:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
And the rest ......

:002: