Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: CR 2015 - Whining in the Transmission  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Sam Johnson

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Frodsham
CR 2015 - Whining in the Transmission
on: July 26, 2015, 08:58:23 AM
My Crossrunner 2015 model makes a loudish whining noise from the transmission. Its done 3k now and still does it even after the first service. I have checked, cleaned lubed and set the chain but its still doing it.
Took it back to the dealers and they tried it out but say its fine 'they all do that Sir'
Anyone else got the same issue?
You can hear it when you pull away and it seems worst at about 4-5thou RMP.

Offline Fleng

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
Re: CR 2015 - Whining in the Transmission
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:26:20 AM
Of course I cannot really tell from reading your post what you hear, but mine does not "whine" at all. I use earplugs, but can hear the engine and transmission well enough to tell.
IMO "they DON'T do all that".
Might have another dealer listen to it, as this reaction seems too easy, just to get rid of a problem they don't know or don't recognize.

Offline yann old git

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2012 crossrunner
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:08:02 AM
As your bike is new, and if you are on good terms with the dealer, why not request a ride on another one?? then compare noise levels.Or, go to another dealer & book a test ride on one?.
hth-yann
ps no whine on my 12 model, but people do mistake the v4 feel' at low revs for a vibe problem.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 12:34:51 PM
I haven't noticed any whining from my transmission but I doubt I would hear it over the wind noise due to the too low screen  :008:

I do also wear earplugs but can still hear the engine growl so I think I would notice it if it were there really.

My bike has only done 650 miles so far so I will report back if I do notice anything develop as the mileage rises.

:002:
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:36:33 PM by Greenie