Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Panniers and top case locks  (Read 2740 times)

Offline interceptor

• Non Active
  • Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR 800 X Y2015
  • City / Town: Madrid
Panniers and top case locks
on: August 13, 2015, 06:43:38 PM
Hi all,
As you know I have a 2015 Crossrunner since April.
I have all original panniers and top case and about a month ago I was unlucky enough to have someone try to steal them.
The result is that the closing system in the right pannier and the top box were completely ruined.
I took the pannier and box to my Honda dealer in Madrid and 15 days latter they called me back to say that Honda will not provide the part references for the panniers and box because them are too new and that I should buy an entire set of new panniers and box.
I'm wondering if the guys at Honda Spain are plain idiots or if that really is the case for all Europe.
Has anyone had the same problem with 2015 model panniers?
Can anyone ask their dealer whether they can get spare parts for the Crossrunner (which I believe are equal to those for the new VFR 800).
I will post pictures of the parts needed tomorrow.
HELP please!!!

Offline Tanarthur

• Crossrunner Member
Re: Panniers and top case locks
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:35:26 AM
If you can get the part number and willing to pay some shipping cost. You might want to try this site from my country.

http://www.chongaik.com.sg

Offline interceptor

• Non Active
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 05:11:12 PM
Honda has not published the part numbers for the pieces that make up the panniers and top box.
After 3 months discussing with Honda's European customer service, they decided they could not fix them and decided to provide a complete set of panniers for free!!
Thanks Honda for the new set.
Hope Honda publishes the part numbers before someone else needs to fix a problem with panniers ;)

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 07:38:10 PM
Good result but a shame it took them so long!

Glad you got it sorted out.

:028:

Offline interceptor

• Non Active
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 10:14:56 PM
Hope no one else needs to fix a pannier or the top case in the near future [emoji106]

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 08:45:25 AM
nearly needed a completely new one ... after driving about 5 miles with a bouncing lid due to not being closed properly if at all... thought something was noisy over the baffle free akro and my ear plugs ! .. nearly an expensive loss ... Ha ! Honda box is a funny little affair .. just about get my crash hat in and nothing much else .. smaller is better !