Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Pan European vs 2015 Cross Runner  (Read 2769 times)

Offline rogersp

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda ST1300
Pan European vs 2015 Cross Runner
on: August 21, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
After a long and happy relationship with my Pan European ST1300 I'm considering a change and the latest CR seems to fit the bill. I tried a Cross Tourer but the ground is not close enough to my feet !!

One of my reservations is long distance comfort on the CR after many years on a Pan. I do about three or four European trips each year sometimes completing >400 miles on some days. The question I ask myself will the CR be comfortable enough?

All comments welcome but please do base them on your experience of long distance touring/trips.

One last question, what range do you achieve from a tank of fuel, the Pan can exceed 300 miles but I'm not looking for anything like that from a CR.

Many thanks

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Pan European vs 2015 Cross Runner
Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:32:24 PM
Hi

I get around 150 to 170 miles out of a tank but that is on relatively short journeys around town and country lanes.

As far as comfort goes I find the 2015 saddle a bit uncomfortable after around an hour but I am not a long distance traveller like yourself so it may just be I am not used to long hours in the saddle.

I don't find the screen great as I get turbulence at head height but screens can be changed.

These minor niggles aside though I love the bike and would not hesitate to recommend it.

I am sure many other forum members have racked up the mileages so should be able to give a better appraisal.

Good luck whatever you decide,

Gary
 :002:

Offline agumdoo

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:31:31 PM
On Friday I did a 370 mile round trip from Inverness to Stirling on my 2015 cr. For the last hour my bum was very numb but I was other wise OK. I'm 65 and probably would not have noticed 20 years ago. I think I will invest in a gel seat. I am 6- 2 and was happy with the stock screen  but I have a very good helmet. The bike dashboard said I averaged 50.3 mpg. A couple of years ago I did a 650 mile trip on a BMW gt1200 and felt like I could have carried on, but it was never as much fun as the CR on the A82, roundabouts and traffic If I want comfort I use my wives car.

Offline leathers999

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Andover
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 08:27:02 PM
I used to have a Pan and once I changed the seat and put some bikequip bar risers on it was comfortable. The crossrunner with a new seat and higher screen is just as comfortable but without the huge weight and dodgy weave at 90 mph. I did 1800 miles around Europe in 9 days and comfort was spot on.  :730:

Offline Chilled

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X '15
  • City / Town: Lisbon
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 11:42:42 AM
Hello,

To my findings the 2015 CR is confy enough for touring, at least it is for me. I can do 400kms in one day, without major bum issues. I'd say go for it.  :028:
"Only a biker knows why dogs sticks its head out of a car window"

Offline Tanarthur

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 12:24:48 AM
I had an ST1100 before the CR 2011... Let's say I feel comfy, not so tired on the ST11 due to the big seat and big windshield. On the CR I get the agility. Power was different but at least the CR is able to go to some places which my ST11 will fail miserably...