Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Tears4Fears

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Maldon
Hello Everyone
on: August 24, 2015, 03:54:51 PM
Hi all, just joined and came back into biking two years ago, having last ridden 40 years ago on a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports. I purchased a new CBF1000F which has been a great bike, but wanted something with a few extras on such as gear indicator, air temperature etc. I have tried several bikes, BMW 1200GS, S1000XR and the Ducati Multistrada, but all pretty expensive bikes and as I only ride socially when the weather is good, couldn't justify the expense. The closest bike was the Tiger 800 but then I test rode a Crossrunner and the ride was great and along with the build quality I decided to order one, which I take delivery on the 1st September. My only real disappointment is that it doesn't have cruise control on it and distance to empty, but apart from that I am looking forward to it.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Hello Everyone
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 04:55:31 PM
Welcome Tears4Fears,
I'm new here too, I don't pick my new one up until 1st September either, but certainly looking forward to the day.
Everyone on here has been great so far!

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Hello Everyone
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 05:14:00 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum.

I think you have made a great choice of bike. I didn't want anything too tall so didn't try all of those that you did when choosing mine.

My shortlist was the Honda Crossrunner, Triumph 800 and also the Yamaha Tracer so I test rode all three bikes.

I liked all of the bikes to ride but obviously liked the Honda the best and thought it was the best all round package.

The included extras with the Crossrunner, a better part exchange on my CBR600F and and better finance package from Honda really sealed the deal by making the overall cost of ownership much lower than even the cheaper Tracer worked out.

I generally get 150 to 170 miles to a tank on relatively short journeys mainly on country lanes. I think you will get a better range at steady cruising speeds on long runs.

Cruise control sadly wasn't even available as an option on the Crossrunner, but as I have ridden over 30 years without it and avoid motorways and dual carriageways wherever possible I decided I could live without it.

Enjoy your new bike,

Gary

:031:
Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:15:31 PM by Greenie

recent