Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2015 CROSSRUNNER  (Read 5544 times)

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
2015 CROSSRUNNER
on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:16 PM
Picked up my new 2015 Crossrunner yesterday, traded in the old style bike, what a difference. On close inspection there are many chnages, however as repoerted elsewhere I now suffer from buffeting which wasnt apparent on the old bike.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: 2015 CROSSRUNNER
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:47:27 PM
Hi

I hope you like it as much as I like mine!

There is wind buffeting at head height and I am only 5 foot 9ish

I haven't got round to doing anything about it yet myself but will probably go with either the MRA spoiler if I can come to terms with the looks or more likely the Palmer adapter.

:002:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 04:15:05 PM
Having looked at all the options available I have just bitten the bullet and ordered the Palmer screen adjuster.

I decided to get the powder coated one as I thought it would look better on the bike than the polished stainless steel version and also paid the extra for the tool less adjusters.

I will let you know how well it works for me when I receive it.

Gary

:001:

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 05:33:08 PM
I too picked up my new Crossrunner yesterday and found the wind turbulence to be greater than expected. I may get the Palmer adjuster and maybe the taller screen.

Will watch out for your report Greenie  :002:

First impression of bike is good but running her in is always a pain so riding to Glossop tomorrow, staying the night and ride back Friday, first service (600 mile) booked for 9 am Saturday!

Rob  :152:

Offline Tears4Fears

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Maldon
Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 01:35:43 PM
I picked up my new Crossrunner yesterday, but had a larger screen fitted before I took delivery as when I test rode the bike the wind turbulence was too much and I have to say that the ride home which was 100 miles was so much better. It rained hard at times and it also kept off a lot of the water, so all good. I cannot remember the make but will check and post on here. It feels a bit tight at the moment but kept the revs under 6000, which I guess should be the limit until the first service, unless anyone has other advice. I also had a quick shifter and hugger fitted. Look forward to putting some miles on the clock but time is the limiting factor.

Peter

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 04:08:18 PM
I have fitted the Palmer screen adjuster and ridden a few hundred miles.

Can't say I am overjoyed with the results so far.

Fitting was a little fiddly with no model specific instructions supplied or available on line.

They were very helpful when I telephoned for help though.

I have tried the device in several positions and although I can reduce the buffeting at head height it seems quite draughty around the chest where air flows under the screen.

This isn't too much of a problem yet, but when the temperature drops who knows?

To be fair I haven't fully tested all 9 possible positions so if anyone out there that is around 5 foot 9 has found the ideal angle please let me know.

In the mean time it will be a bit more trial and error so I think the tool less adjusters were a good decision.

I will report back if I make any progress.

Gary

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:20 PM
I bought the Palmer adjusters from Sam Johnson (thanks Sam) but with the bigger Givi screen, they've proved unusable so will be sold on to someone who may like to try with standard screen?

With the Givi arriving before the Palmer kit, I was able to play, but then fitting the kit with the much taller Givi, they seemed to cause too much flex anything over 65mph.  :005:

The Givi for me at 5' 7" tall, is near perfect, so I'll persevere. I dare say taller riders could probably benefit from raising the height and angle.

Rob

Any updates Greenie?

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 05:42:32 PM
No not yet.

I will probably try a different setting each day until I find the one that suits me best.

It is definitely an improvement as far as buffeting around the head is concerned I just want to reduce the blast onto my midriff before the cold winter sets in!

I will let you know when I have finished testing but guess the final choice will be one of individual preference.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
Thanks for the update Gary,

I've been out on a long run today and the Givi is proving to be fine for me and my height, so good luck with yours.

I'm putting the Palmer adjusters back on sale.

Do you have the accessory bar fitted to yours between the plates that takes a sat-nav? Guess this may have stiffened up mine, I think the sheer height and extra weight of the Givi caused mine to flex sideways.

:019:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 06:23:35 PM
No I didn't opt for the sat nav mount and I haven't noticed significant flex on the Palmer adjuster.

I guess what you are seeing is probably just due to the extra surface area from a larger screen catching more air than the standard screen.