Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Ardennes & tom tom rider  (Read 2667 times)

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Ardennes & tom tom rider
on: September 14, 2015, 09:50:40 PM
Just back from my first overseas trip on the cr. We went to Reims to see the remains of the old race track at Gueux  :600: :600: :163: :600: :600: :600: :600:and to have a general ride out.
This is the first time I've used a sat nav on a bike - how the hell did I cope without it? It just makes it all so stress free, not getting lost and just being easily to locate the hotel at the end of the day.
However the big bonus was the 'select a thrill' option on the tom tom, not a list of saucy bars but  tap a couple of points into the gizmo, select level of bends and elevation then off you go. We did this on the second day and by lunchtime the grin factor meant that the tom has easily covered its investment. We were on roads that we would never have seen on a map let alone sought to ride with the added bonus of never feeling totally lost!
As for the cr, simply the best. Bum ache non existent and the ability to cover greater mileage thereby improved dramatically.
If you get a chance ,have a go on the tom tom.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Ardennes & tom tom rider
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:01 AM
Nice one!

Sounds like you had a great trip.

:001:

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Ardennes & tom tom rider
Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:33:11 AM
Its taken me 42 years to end up with a bike and combo I really love!

well worth the wait :046: