nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei qwest - quiet  (Read 4960 times)

Shaunomercy

Shoei qwest - quiet
« on: November 30, 2011, 03:41:01 PM »

Just tried my new helmet and been out for a couple of runs. As is the case, different screens and turbulence make a big difference... Firstly went out on the crossrunner with standard screen... Helmet doesn't have whisper kit fitted yet so is as it comes out the box. Impressively quiet. I always normally wear ear plugs but not for this test.... 90mph and whilst noise had increased i wasn't in pain with my hearing and not getting my teeth. The vents work nicely. Open top vents and u can feel the breeze over your scalp. No whistles from anywhere on the helmet. the sprung visor certainly works and maintains a seal on the helmet apperture seal. Just out of curiosity i fitted the touring screen back on. Second run. a lot lot louder. no where near my caberg but still loud enough that at 80 mph it was painful. Some owner reviews have said with the whisper kit its quieter than a schuberth.. cannot comment on that. but the qwest is a very quiet helmet. Its worth trying... Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Shoei qwest - quiet
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58:10 PM »
Am starting to think about a new helmet for next sumer. Currently use an Arai Chaser - bould like a flip helmet - Shark Evoline flips all the way over and can be ridden as open face - but so far when I have tried one on I have found it is a poor fit (medium too tight, large too lose). Also like the feel of the Scorpion 900.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
Ive just fitted the whisper kit to the shoei Qwest.....  The difference just in the house with how it cuts noise down is remarkable.  Itching to get out on the bike to try it now, but sadly the depths of winter are now upon us.....  Need a fine day....

Paul

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
Ive just fitted the whisper kit to the shoei Qwest.....  The difference just in the house with how it cuts noise down is remarkable.  Itching to get out on the bike to try it now, but sadly the depths of winter are now upon us.....  Need a fine day....

Paul
[/quote

You should try moving down to the civilised South mate. Cold but sunny here today. I had an enjoyable ride into work (from where I'm posting this) at lunch time
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
The frozen north aye  :190:

Is the whisper kit the stretchy thingy that you fit round the bottom of a helmet ?
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Shaunomercy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 03:39:45 PM »
Yep.. :002:  Its a leathery type u shape that goes round the bottom of helmet and really encloses it round your neck

Paul

Shaunomercy

Re: Re: Shoei qwest - quiet
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
[/quote

You should try moving down to the civilised South mate. Cold but sunny here today. I had an enjoyable ride into work (from where I'm posting this) at lunch time

A couple of year back i was on a cruise round the med at this time of year.... It really knocked my duck off seeing all the bikes still being ridden

Paul

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
I've tried the Quest today at HG and I was very impressed with the fit. Shoei have a reputation for comfortable lids and this one is no different. It is very light compared to the Multitec and reading your review helped me set my mind on it. I love the whisper kit especially on winter as it keeps some of the  cold air out. I didn't know the Quest would have it as well so that's a bonus. Also the pinlock insert is a lot larger compared to other helmets.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:15 PM »
Have you bought it ?

Paul