Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New suspension... adventure oriented  (Read 3174 times)

Offline ccuculas

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: bucharest
New suspension... adventure oriented
on: November 24, 2015, 04:08:56 PM
well, in the last 3 months I have experienced some bad roads, not even paved. The stock suspension made some works, but mostly bad feedback. I have decided to change it completely, front and rear, same provider. But not choosen the provider. Considering:
- bad roads
- no passenger
- 2012 crossrunner
- no budgetary constrain
what is the most suitable suspenion you recommend ? Pls advice and bring arguments if possible. I really appreciate.

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Re: New suspension... adventure oriented
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 03:10:50 PM
sorry no one is responding to you ... we obviously don't have a committed resident expert ? or we are all so satisfied with our CR bikes we are always riding ?
apart from those asides ..sorry I cannot help you ..

Offline ccuculas

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 05:38:20 PM
Thanks for answering. It seems that I am between those much to few asking to much from my cr. I was seduced by the idea of buying an adenturer speedy gonzales. This is already an objective I will never solvenÈ›i since I had some long chat with touratech experts and they finally sau that I am crazy to rebuild the suspension and geometrice instead of driving only the roads.  That simple. But is much to easy to abandon such project so I took the desision of doing my project with very few money 1500 eur.
I do not want to offend any owner by saying that this bike is really offering much more with very few changes and enjoying only paved roads is a  pity.  Well... whether I will be the guru of cr suspension, whether I fain and look for another bike. Both cases will be fun. Keep u updated since I see some interested members.  :-)

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 12:18:06 PM
I admire your ambition to improve the CR for Off road .. for me it is too heavy for that any way ? but what do I know ? ..and the new Africa Twin doesn't look any lighter .. but may be a better starting option for you? with or without DCT

Offline ccuculas

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:44:39 PM
Africa Twin is already enduro bike.... and CR has a special flavour of sport, tiny, tricky toy... afrika is for mature, cr is still making me feel a litlle baby with his new toy... the biggest disadvantage is not being tall (cr) so will act like heavy... but fantasy is a process hard to control...

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:20:41 PM
just one thought .. have you tried the horizons unlimited website ... honda tech section ?
might be some help on your project http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/honda-tech/suspension-rear-shock-8770

recent