Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: VFR 800x v Yamaha Tracer review  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
VFR 800x v Yamaha Tracer review
on: December 04, 2015, 01:11:18 PM
interesting review here .. http://www.bikerglory.com/2015/09/honda-vfr-800x-crossrunner-vs-yamaha-mt-09-tracer/ which sums up my feelings  and why I bought the CR

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: VFR 800x v Yamaha Tracer review
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
I agree!

I test rode both and the Tracer is a great bike but the Honda felt better put together to me.

The Crossrunner is different to ride but just as much fun as the Tracer.

With the better Honda finance rate and a better part exchange on my old Honda it didn't work out any more expensive than the Yamaha would have done with the lower seat and heated grips I wanted fitted anyway.

It was a no brainier for me, I liked the Yamaha but fell in love with the Honda on the first ride.

:419:   :001:

Online stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 10:15:56 AM
I looked at the tracer and almost bought one, a test ride not being possible made me walk away. One thing I noticed was the quality didnt seem up to Honda standards, I had a mk1 Xrunner at the time. I eventually bought the 2015 Xrunner which didnt work out that much more expensive than the tracer with add ons.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:47 AM
Most people who have test rode both will probably agree with the article but most of us are biased towards Honda if we are honest. Apart from the weight the Honda is a superior bike but £2k is a lot of money, even if you do get a satnav. etc; these extras (a centre stand as an extra !) might have a retail of £1200 ( educated guess) but probably cost H. less than half of that. If the Honda price is correct then why is the Yamaha by far the best selling bike of the year bearing in mind Honda probably has more brand loyalty than any of the other big 4 (IMO). Honda need to sell a full tourer version for the current price and a 'naked' version for £8.5k if the Crossrunner is to get the sales it deserves.
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
  • City / Town: Durham
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:46 AM
By naked I mean without accessories, not like an MT 09.
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

recent