Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello from the Highlands  (Read 1354 times)

Offline SinkyB

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: BMW R1200GSA
  • City / Town: Nairn
Hello from the Highlands
on: December 07, 2015, 08:50:16 PM
Hi folks,

Just joined as I'm thinking of getting a new Crossrunner to replace my 2009 Beemer R1200GS Adventure.

Keen to get any hints, tips and advice about the Crossrunner.

I've had a look at a couple of new Crossrunners and can only say that the build quality is amazing, especially when compared to the "not so good" Beemer build quality.

I assume that the Crossrunner has the usual excellent Honda reliability?

Is there anything to watch out for?

What are servicing costs like? etc etc

Cheers!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ..

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Hello from the Highlands
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:31:40 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.  :031:

The only thing that hasn't impressed me with the 2015 Crossrunner is the short non adjustable screen but that is easily replaced.

I have only had the first service so far but the 16000 mile valve checks are said to be time consuming so are likely to be costly.

Other than that I am very happy with the build quality and performance of the bike.

As with most bikes it would benefit from the addition of a fender extender and hugger.

I have also added a Scottoiler and hand guards to mine but that is a personal preference thing.

Hondas luggage is a bit costly but some canny negotiation at point of purchase seems to have given some members good discounts. Not me unfortunately so I haven't got the panniers.

Good luck whatever you decide but I don't think you would be dissapointed with the Crossrunner.

:001:

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 11:34:50 AM
Hi to you !
and endorse all Greenie said ... v happy purchaser of a fine ( and under rated ) bike ...finish is excellent and ride same ..stable , weight no issue
choice of seat position good , seat comfy but not too soft.. economy reasonable - high 40's only but doing a lot in 1-3rd gear on my rides ..
despite the constant thread and threat of the 16000 mile service I would say ( from past experience of BMW services costs  nothing to worry about ) esp with the long service intervals ( my last bike was 3500 interval ! ridiculous )

Good choice !
Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 11:40:26 AM by Adst

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 01:17:50 PM
See my note on the other thread regarding 16K service.

recent