Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Baffle In or Out  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Baffle In or Out
on: December 08, 2015, 07:30:28 PM
Getting the Crossrunner in the next couple of days and just wondering what the consensus of opinion is regarding the Akrapovic exhaust baffle; in it out? 

When out is there any effect on running?

Thanks

Mr K

Offline shurm

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
  • City / Town: Accrington
Re: Baffle In or Out
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:01:33 PM
If you getting one I'd ask your Dealer to take it out for you rather than make a pigs ear of trying to do it yourself (like me) they have a small weld on the bolt that needs breaking. It does sound loud enough with it in but I wanted to hear it out  :164: a few people have said it runs a little better and doesn't drown the engine out with it in.

What colour did you get ? Any accessories ?

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:42:59 PM
Mine came with baffle removed .. Really enjoyed the noise but have just put back for a trial (with thread lock ) and equally good ..more refined engine noise and possibly running ...tho not that different .. ..I would endorse the previous comment get it removed and then try it back in later ? ..as getting the weld off the bolt may need dremel or such ...?

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 06:48:22 PM
*Originally Posted by shurm [+]
If you getting one I'd ask your Dealer to take it out for you rather than make a pigs ear of trying to do it yourself (like me) they have a small weld on the bolt that needs breaking. It does sound loud enough with it in but I wanted to hear it out  :164: a few people have said it runs a little better and doesn't drown the engine out with it in.

What colour did you get ? Any accessories ?

White.

Thanks for the tip...

Offline Chilled

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X '15
  • City / Town: Lisbon
Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 10:22:55 PM
My Arrow came with a weld as well, I was able to break it (after I understand that is was necessary..which took some time) with a screw driver and a hammer (gentle).

After riding 1.000km with the baffle, I took it off. Now it's off, and is never coming back  :046:

Cheers!
"Only a biker knows why dogs sticks its head out of a car window"

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 12:36:20 AM
The ECU should be able to automatically make a minor modification to the fuelling to adapt to the baffle being in or out, so after 50 miles or so there should be little performance difference.  Not as good as a full Power Commander and rolling road tune, but fine for the road and minor changes in exhaust.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES