Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Headlight Adjustment & Seat Height  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Headlight Adjustment & Seat Height
on: December 12, 2015, 06:11:29 PM
Hello all...

I am enjoying the new 2015 Crossrunner enormously, can't get over how good the suspension is  :114:

I have a couple questions which I can't discern from the manual.

First is headlight adjustment.  Their are two knobs to turn, the manual says they both raise and lower; is one knob for the flood lights and the other for just main beam or something else (left lights and right lights)?

Second is seat height.  What is the default seat height?  Picked the bike up new, would the seat be in the high or low position from the off?

Thanks

Mr K

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Re: Headlight Adjustment & Seat Height
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 08:04:23 PM
Glad you are enjoying your CR
Q:1 lights ...I lowered my headlights by turning both stews to lower the headlights in tandem..set up bike against a wall so I could see where I started and how much max height was dropped .. Since I did it no one has flashed me for too bright or poor light setting ..
Q:2 seat generally comes in higher position ...I think Without removing you can tell by looking at where the front of seat meets the tank ..if lowered the seat has about 1-2 cm before a crease in the tank ...if it meets tank on this crease it is in higher position.
Failing that if you remove the front seat the back angled brackets seat rests on ..with 4 screw holes ...if screws are in lower 2 seat is higher .. And the block sockets (3) should be seen at front of seat ..if the back bracket is in two upper screw holes ..and the sockets  are removed from front ..then they have lowered it already ...
Andy
Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 08:06:17 PM by Adst

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 01:38:50 PM
Thanks, very helpful.

Offline Mihai

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Amsterdam
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:07:23 PM
Does anyone know how to adjust the OEM led fog lights?
They seem pretty stuck to the crash bar and culd not find any adjustment screw or knob.

I am getting flashed by cars only when I have the fog lights on. I know they are not supposed to be always on but I am a beginner and I like the wider stance visibility it gives to the bike.

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 10:55:48 PM
Police view (from Met Police at Bikesafe last year) is that LED running lights arranged to be the base of a triangle with the headlight at the top provide drivers with a better means of judging their distance from an approaching bike than a single headlight alone.  Therefore fit them and leave them on.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:47 AM
Hi

I only needed to adjust one of the knobs for headlight adjustment as I only did the low beam and did it the same as Andy using a wall to set it up whilst sitting on the bike. I thought the other knob was for the high beam but did not bother adjusting it as I was happy with its direction and always turn it off for approaching traffic.

I ended up setting the low beam in its lowest possible adjustment which for me is fine. That will of course depend on rider weight and suspension settings.

One thing though if you do find the seat is in the lower position make sure the dealer gives you the spacers they removed or you will not be able to raise it if you want to in the future.

:002:

Online stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:51 AM
On the 2015 model both headlights are dip & main so both need adjusting the same amount.

Offline Mihai

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Amsterdam
Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 11:33:20 AM
My headlights and suspension are fine from the factory (I am never getting flashed by cars).
My problem is with the fog lights, those seem un-adjustable and is a pity not to use them.

I guess I will have to wait until the 1500km oil change to have the Honda service dealer look at the lights.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:23 PM
*Originally Posted by stubax [+]
On the 2015 model both headlights are dip & main so both need adjusting the same amount.

Makes sense as both lights are always on!

Guess my headlights must have been set differently on each side when I got the bike so by lucky coincidence I adjusted the higher one down.

:001:

Offline mabbez

• Crossrunner Junior
  • mabbez
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Pretoria
Seat Height
Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 12:34:50 PM
Got my 2015 Crossrunner yesterday, it was set to the lower seat height. I tried changing it to the higher setting but realized that the spacers are missing. I can change the back part pf the from seat, but the front needs those spacers. Any idea what I can use in the interim while I source the spacers
mabbez

* Recent Topics

recent