Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Suspension for 2015  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Rogerang

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: XT660Z
  • City / Town: Singapore
Suspension for 2015
on: December 14, 2015, 02:58:11 PM
Hi people, is there any rear suspension for the new CR '15? Or can we use from '11 to '14???

Ohlins
Wilber
Hyperpro
Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:01:07 PM by Rogerang

Offline Rogerang

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: XT660Z
  • City / Town: Singapore
Re: Suspension for 2015
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:12:22 PM
Guess everybody on their CR15 are doing fine with OEM.
i just realise that only Hyperpro and Wilber do make for CR15.

Hyperpro or Wilber  :183: :183: :183:

Offline OldTimer

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X 2015
  • City / Town: Birmingham
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:06:24 PM
I had Andreani cartridges kit fitted to front forks (an irreversible change) and Hyperpro rear shock fitted as the stock Spring was far too soft for my weight (about 97kg with all my kit on). I will warn you now that the Hyperpro kit places the remote shock reservoir in a really stupid place - cable-tied to the pillion peg frame (and that is just where my calf sits). In addition to that the reservoir hydraulic hose connection leaked all the fluid out in less than 200 miles. Needless to say I am waiting for free time to work with the installer on a better solution than Hyperpro designed. If you look online for Honda Crosstourer Hyperpro you will see some guy resorted to mounting the reservoir right at the tail of the bike with a huge long hydraulic line snaking half the length of the bike. I know this suspension will be great for me when all this pain is overcome, but so far it's been a difficult journey. The trouble with Wilbers is lack of support network. When I had the standard OEM rear shock on the spring weight was way too low for me - so it was a case of changing the suspension or changing the bike. I decided to go to town on the changes.
Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 09:25:39 PM by OldTimer

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:32:06 PM
I'm having a similar spring weight issue with my CR11 when riding two-up.  Hit even a minor pothole at any speed and the spring bottoms out and tries to throw us off the bike.  I can increase the preload, but it a PITA to get at and just increases the ride height of the bike, making it an uneasy ride for a shortarse like me.

Anyone had and cured a similar issue?  Really interested to know if fitting an aftermarket shock like a Hyperpro will enable me to get safe handling without making the bike too tall.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:26:33 AM
*Originally Posted by Si Click [+]
I'm having a similar spring weight issue with my CR11 when riding two-up.  Hit even a minor pothole at any speed and the spring bottoms out and tries to throw us off the bike.  I can increase the preload, but it a PITA to get at and just increases the ride height of the bike, making it an uneasy ride for a shortarse like me.
You need control of compression damping. Like most sub-10k bikes, the cross runner is blessed with a relatively cheap shock, primarily chosen to keep the cost down. Good handling whilst riding with a pillion requires compression adjustment, so any replacement shock with full adjustment should solve the problem.

I really like the Nitron shock I have on my TDM - it has a combined compression and rebound adjuster to simplify adjustment. It works really well and makes effective adjustment for a pillion and luggage a breeze! Sadly, they've yet to make a shock for either Mk i or ii... I wrote to them in June and they're open to making one, they just need a customer to loan them their bike for a week, in return for a 50% discount on the finished product.
Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:15 PM
Sounds like a plan.  :002:  Cheers

Emailed Nitron, but they may not be keen as I have a Lush Racing lowering kit fitted.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

recent