Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello  (Read 1278 times)

Offline pwoolleyd

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swindon
Hello
on: December 20, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Hello fellow Crossrunners.

Pete here from Swindon, riding a 2015 Crossrunner. Just wondered if anyone has experienced any "flat spot" when their VTEC kicks in? Quite noticeable when cold, but seem to get it every time in top gear. Only happens when rolling on the throttle at about 6500 revs. I have had it back at the dealer and they have re-flashed the ECU and also replaced something to do with the VTEC valve. Honda say they are not aware of any issue.

Thanks in advance
Pete

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 09:37:13 AM
Welcome Pete to the forum,
I'm only at 1800 miles and only had her into the 7000+ rpm 2 or 3 times with no flat spots.
Rob

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 02:46:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Can't say I have noticed any flat spot, but to be honest I have usually got all my acceleration done way before top gear and as I don't generally venture away from twisty lanes I don't tend to use top gear often.

:031: :001:

Offline Ben

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Ben
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent
Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:10:02 PM
Hi Pete, welcome

I have only done 1400 miles, but have opened it right up and not experienced any Flat Spots as yet.  Will let you know if this does occur, but hopefully not.

Have you tried Super Unleaded, meant to be better.  They say run it for 2 tanks, then try the standard and you will think there is something wrong with your bike.  Maybe just a myth or psychological though, lol.   :002: