Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Vibrations when accelerating at low speed  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Jakubrowski

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner '15
  • City / Town: Warsaw
Vibrations when accelerating at low speed
on: December 25, 2015, 08:30:06 PM
I got my bike brand new 3 months ago and I am vary happy with it overall. However I feel some vibrations on the handlebars when slowly accelerating at gear 1, 2. At the first gear I feel them at around 18 km/h, while at the second gear I feel them at around 28 km/h. In both gears the rpms are around 2200. When I press the clutch at these speeds and the bike freely rolls I do not feel vibrations. This is why I kinda exclude the issue with the discs, fork and tyre. I went to the dealer and after they test rode it they said it was normal. This is why I  am here.
Thanks for any relevant comments. Jakub
I have been continuously riding for many years and I don't think that this is about my sensitivity.

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Re: Vibrations when accelerating at low speed
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:06:46 AM
Hello Jakub

To be completely clear, when you pull the clutch in the vibrations will fade or dissapear when at the rev/ gear/speed range they would normally be present?

Mr K

Offline Sam Johnson

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Frodsham
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 07:26:55 PM
Jakob,

Have you checked your chain tension? I find with my 2015 model that if I set it the way it says in the book when I sit on the bike the chain is VERY tight and causes the vibration.
I now adjust the chain with someone sat on the bike and its fine with no vibrations.

Kind regards
Sam Johnson

Offline Robb

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Pilsen
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 08:06:00 AM
Sam, when adjusting the chain with someone sitting on the bike... What is the low-high distance you set?

Jakub, i experience similar as you do at about 2500rpm, any gear, with the sound disappearing at N or clutch pressed. I think the sound occured after chain tightening (4cm as described in manual)
So i believe its due to the tight chain.

Thx for answer

Rob

Offline Sam Johnson

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Frodsham
Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 09:59:52 AM
Rob,

I set the chain to the measurements given in the manual BUT with someone sat on the bike.
It appears very slack when that person gets off but is fine when you sit on the bike.

Hope this helps

Sam

Offline Robb

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Pilsen
Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 11:01:18 AM
Ok, thanks Sam, i will try that.

recent