Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hyperpro springs  (Read 3017 times)

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Hyperpro springs
on: January 15, 2016, 05:12:42 PM
Hi chaps, just had a pair fitted but not really tried them out other than 2 miles home from the dealer - too Bleedin' cold.
I noticed that the original springs they returned to me also were wound tighter at one end, i didn't get the chance to compare them both on the bench so to speak.
Is it the case that the original springs are not as beautifully formed as the h pro's or am I just a sucker for a good marketing pitch?

Any words of wisdom welcomed! :187:

Offline buellxb1200

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2013Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Halstead
Re: Hyperpro springs
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:47 PM
I have a set of these in my Crossrunner, they were fitted when I bought it, however I have nothing to compare them too. however I had my 1994 VFR 750 suspension set up by MCT and they changed the front springs from standard (progressive, get tighter coils at one end of the spring) to Ohlins (linear, the same all the way down). MCT said it makes the dive smoother and "linear" whereas the progressive gets stiffer the further the spring compresses. I also had a Whitepower rear shock fitted, the change was amazing, mind you the standard stuff has been on there from new..
Buell XB1200S, Aprilia SR125, Honda VFR750, Honda GL1000, Suzuki 650 Burgman, Honda VFR800X Crossrunner, BMW K1300r.

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Hyperpro springs
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:47:11 PM
I've done quite few miles now since having them fitted and have to say in conjunction with the new tyres (bridgestones) handling has been transformed- particularly on roads I know well and anticipate the odd pot hole.
In essence it just feels more planted, strongly recommend to anyone who finds the front a bit harsh.