Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bar End Removal  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Curve

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Bar End Removal
on: January 20, 2016, 12:29:20 PM
Hi,

Has anyone removed the bar ends on there 2015 Crossrunner?

I have purchased a set of Acerbic X Tarmac hand guards to see if they can help keep my hands warm!!

I'm hoping I do not have to remove the grips! to remove the grommet thing that is inside.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
Re: Bar End Removal
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:29:17 PM
I haven't touched mine on the CR but usually you don't remove completely the screw bolt and with the loosened threaded still in end gently pull out the internal griping female threaded end ...( this is getting me excited saying it now ! )
If you totally remove the bolt it is often v difficult to get it back into the thread  as you tend to push the retained piece further up the bar tube ... beware  !

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:41:27 PM
Removing the ends was straightforward the tricky part was getting out the internal rubber inserts with nuts attached that the bar ends bolt into.

I used a pair of long nosed pliers and carefully inserted them into the hole in the centre of the rubber inserts and dragged them out using pressure against the inside of the bars.

I wouldn't use anything sharp like a screw driver unless you are not worried about damaging the inserts.

Mine came out with out damage and I have kept them in case I ever want to refit the original bar ends.

My SW Motech Kobra hand guards came with their own inserts for the bars which are of an all metal construction so I haven't reused the rubber inserts.

Offline Curve

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:35 AM
Thanks for the info,  :047: I was worried there may be a clip to be removed, Off to give it go now!

Offline Curve

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
 :046: Very easy job when there were no worries I was going to wreck it.

Thanks.