Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: button for heated grips on cr 2015  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
button for heated grips on cr 2015
on: January 25, 2016, 02:02:43 PM
Top cover of the heated grips switch assembly flew over my shoulder ... managed to find it but had been run over !
works ( sort of ) tho I think it might have lost a spring .. but looking on spares link it appears that they only sell the complete grips/ to plug in to wiring harness £158!!!!....
so suggest beware in case this happens to you ... think it may have been collateral damage from having dropped ( v.slowly like slow motion slow ...) the bike ( you guessed ... side stand not down properly on damp hill road as i tried to dismount ) bike was all ok just a mega monster to get upright needed a second pair of  hands to get it beyond 45 degrees upright..
didn't think I would ever do that again last time about 8 years ago tried to save bike and fouled my ankle .. this time just let it go ...s l o w l y....managed to extract leg ...! Numpties Rule!

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: button for heated grips on cr 2015
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:22:27 PM
Sorry to hear that Adst,
"lowered" mine recently in a similar controlled manner, due to forgetting (old age  :157:) to unlock steel hawser attached to rear wheel in garage. Bike went over and away from me, hitting right mirror on wall before resting, luckily on push bike that was between CR and wall. Only damage was broken mirror head and cycle tyre mark on top box (easily polished off)
New OE mirror £50.14 and that was literally the glass/plastic head and steel shaft, not the lower screw part nor plastic cover at the base. I had feared for the taller screen but that escaped totally along with any other damage to tank or panels/exhaust.
Took both me and the missus to right her, being awkward as she was jammed against the wall (bike not missus!)  :008:

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: button for heated grips on cr 2015
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:35:49 PM
Glad it's not just me. On a trip to France on my old vfr I pulled up at a petrol station towards the end of a long day. Convinced I had put the side stand down I happily leant to the left................. and kept going. Ended up launched across the fore court. Would've looked gr8 on a you've been framed type of prog but jeez the embarrassment ..............
 :430:

recent