Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Riding Mine And Then Another  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Mr Kean

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: East Anglia
Riding Mine And Then Another
on: January 30, 2016, 07:11:41 PM
2015 model...

While having the first service done I was given the demonstrator to while the hour or so away; I duely obliged.

Curiously the demo bike with similar mileage was noticeably louder (both engine and exhaust) and the other oddity was, the demo bike had less of a surge and engine tone change at 6500 revs when all the valves come into action.  The demo bike did have an Akrapovic unit with the baffle in place.

Any thoughts anyone...

Mr K

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Riding Mine And Then Another
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:36:57 AM
Mr K,

I've done 2200 miles on mine now and she sounds the same as the day I got her, the glorious "howl" at 7000 rpm and beyond, is the same too.
I have the baffle in, as found her a little too loud with it out (have to consider the neighbours during her warm-up phase!)

As regards the demo bike sounding louder, perhaps demo test pilots just cane them from the off, possibly without proper warming-up or consideration for a cold engine? Just a thought.

Rob

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Re: Riding Mine And Then Another
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 08:14:23 PM
I think everything sounds noisier with the baffles out on any bike, most demonstrators tend to have some miles put on them before they go into "demo" use. My mrs bike has an Ixil pipe on it and it didn't have any baffles with it, It does howl when put into "lets go" mode, more now since the big valve service was done.
I will be making some baffles for it when I get the chance, though I do like the low down gruff noise it makes.

:002: