Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New owner shopping list  (Read 5394 times)

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
New owner shopping list
on: February 07, 2016, 04:57:36 PM
Hi all,

Just picked up my nearly new 2015 CrossRunner.. She's got 1700 miles on the clock from the first year's duties of being the dealer MD's daily ride and then model demonstrator, and is (mostly) spotless!

A few things are already on my shopping list:
rear hugger - have ordered the OEM one,
fender extender - before the radiator gets lost under the crap a daily rider throws at it,
hand guards - because cold knuckles suck!

Recommendations or experiences with any of these welcome!

The bike came with a short MRA Vario screen, and so far I can recommend it. I've never ridden the bike with the standard screen, but I find the turbulence and wind noise well within an acceptable level with this fitted. Have one on my TDM.. they rock!

Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: New owner shopping list
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:22:24 PM
Hi welcome to the forum. :400:

I have the SW Motech Kobra handgaurds with extensions fitted to give more weather protection which I am really happy with. They were a bit fiddly to fit but look good in my opinion and seem to keep the worst of the weather off of my hands.

I also fitted an Ermax screen (which was not much of an improvement over standard) and an Ermax stick on fender extender. You need to remove the mudguard to attach the extender and I found it difficult to refit as there is a metal strenghthening support under the mudguard that would not seem to line back up easily, but with some perserverence it eventually went back on. The extender looks good when fitted with no visible fixings and should keep most of the road crud at bay.

The hugger is definitely on my list and I will probably go with the OEM one too as I have fitted a Scottoiler and don't want a hugger with built in chain guard which would mean rerouting the oiler tubing.

Enjoy your new bike, I think you have made a great choice!

:031:

Online reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:48:04 PM
Defo to all your list. I also put crash bungs on mine after a side stand incident with my viffer.
Sw motech city bag is a good fit if you're considering a tank bank,sculpted to the shape of the tank.
Enjoy!

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 07:16:46 PM
*Originally Posted by reasty [+]
Defo to all your list. I also put crash bungs on mine after a side stand incident with my viffer.
I find the angle of lean whilst on the side-stand quite extreme compared to my other bikes... do they all do that?

Crash bungs... yeah, good call! I'll add them to my list, ta!
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 07:54:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Greenie [+]
I have the SW Motech Kobra handgaurds with extensions fitted to give more weather protection which I am really happy with. They were a bit fiddly to fit but look good in my opinion and seem to keep the worst of the weather off of my hands.
Ta.. added to the list of possibilities.

*Originally Posted by Greenie [+]
I also fitted an Ermax screen (which was not much of an improvement over standard) and an Ermax stick on fender extender. You need to remove the mudguard to attach the extender and I found it difficult to refit as there is a metal strenghthening support under the mudguard that would not seem to line back up easily, but with some perserverence it eventually went back on. The extender looks good when fitted with no visible fixings and should keep most of the road crud at bay.
Perfect.. looked at their site, but there's none listed for the CR.. which one did you get?

Online reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:12 PM
Funny you mentioned about the angle of lean. Mines a' 12 and at the first service I asked them to check it - they confirmed nothing abnormal.
I figure 70 quid on bungs is a lot better than paying out for levers and definitely better than a fairing panel! :030:

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 10:16:40 AM
I have a Baglux tank cover, R&G crash bungs, well worth fitting, OEM hugger, carbon fender extender off eBay, (stick-on), Powerbronze higher screen does it for me.
Still thinking about the hand guards.  :012:

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 11:25:17 AM
Funny you mentioned about the angle of lean. Mines a' 12 and at the first service I asked them to check it - they confirmed nothing abnormal.
Ok, so not just mine then!

I figure 70 quid on bungs is a lot better than paying out for levers and definitely better than a fairing panel! :030:
Yeah.. very true!

Another thing I need is a replacement top box - the one supplied is just too small! Does anyone have experience of fitting other Honda boxes to the standard rack...? Surely Honda use some kind of universal mount for all their bikes...?

Tempted to replace the rack with a universal Givi, but my Givi box is a bit knackered now, so a replacement could be a better bet.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:44:03 AM
Yes, when I bought my new bike I bargained in the large top box and fittings (larger plate) as I wanted to stow two full face Arai's which it does easily. I believe it is the VFR1200 box, I think 45 litres capacity and it is colour coordinated to my side panniers. They took care of all the locks so are opened by ignition key. They also included the top box passenger pad.
Rob

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 12:21:41 PM
*Originally Posted by tiggy [+]
Yes, when I bought my new bike I bargained in the large top box and fittings (larger plate)
Nicely done, sir! I tried this too, without any luck - dealer wasn't having any of it. Then again, I got a really good price out of them. Great time to buy a bike right now!

*Originally Posted by tiggy [+]
I believe it is the VFR1200 box
Ok, ta.. I'll do a bit of research.