Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Bar risers for 2013 model  (Read 4325 times)

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
Re: Bar risers for 2013 model
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 07:16:48 PM
*Originally Posted by LWillow [+]
Thanks for your attention about the subject ! But ...did you notice that I'm talking about the 2013 model ? I say this because the 2011-2014 model has a peculiar plastic cover for the handlebar and (with this simple type of raisers )  that plastic component has to be removed, and it won't fit again in the bike , right ?? Is that so ?
Yes, I have these fitted to my current 2012 model. You must first remove the plastic cover. Then you will find standard handlebars underneath the cover. It can be made to fit with a little extra care and attention :)
The plastic will fit better with the 25mm risers. But will also work with 30mm risers (which is what I have fitted to my bike).

Offline LWillow

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: CR ('13 model)
  • City / Town: Sobral M. Agra├žo
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 08:49:30 PM
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]
Yes, I have these fitted to my current 2012 model. You must first remove the plastic cover. Then you will find standard handlebars underneath the cover. It can be made to fit with a little extra care and attention :)
The plastic will fit better with the 25mm risers. But will also work with 30mm risers (which is what I have fitted to my bike).
Fantastic news mrvelcrofast  :031: ! You made my day !  :152: I prefer the 30mm risers too (and the seller of the 25mm risers only delivers to Britain  :151:) so I'm going to buy the 30mm raisers and pray that the mechanic will fix them right ! Thanks again ! (p.s. Probably I'm asking too much but ... Can you post a photo of your bike in this particular issue ? )

Offline Oldteach

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Katanning
Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:04 PM
*Originally Posted by mrvelcrofast [+]

A big thanks from myself as well. I saw the SW Moto stuff with the new bar and a chill went down my spine. After having a think about it I had a hunch there would be a normal set of bars under there. Save me having to take them off and have a look. Thanks again :020:

Cheers,

OT

Offline Peleteiro

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 800X
  • City / Town: Maia
Reply #13 on: April 25, 2019, 11:52:42 PM
Hi guys!
I am looking for a Handlebar risers to my CR from 2011!
I would like to maintain the plastic cover!
Could you please inform what are the best suitable ones, and where can I find them?
Regards,
Peleteiro

Offline infiniteloop

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Airdrie
Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 10:15:22 AM
How do you remove the plastic cover on the 2013 cr..? Does it just snap off or are there hidden screws somewhere..?

recent