Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Schuberth visors  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Schuberth visors
on: February 21, 2016, 07:02:54 PM
My schuberth s1 pro visor is pretty scratched after 4 years .. Thought I'd replace ...till I was told 55+ and 24 for pinlock ! How is that justified its crazy ..a new givi flip I can get or 140 .. All in..... With pinlock too ..So chuck helmet and a new one ..?this world gets wasteful ...yes you should change helmet every 7 yrs according to schuberth ...but why not then make spares cheaper to attain that? 

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Schuberth visors
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 09:20:22 PM
Yes it is ridiculous, but the manufacturers would probably argue that they are made to very high standards of optical clarity and impact resistance to justify the price though.

I paid over £400 for a helmet so would have to pay what they demand for the visor unless it was very close to replacement as I couldn't afford a helmet of equivalent lightness and comfort for anywhere near £70.

The same thing annoys me with expensive printer cartridges for cheap printers among other things!

Once they have you hooked you either have to stump up for overpriced spares or replace the item which doesn't seem like a good long term customer loyalty strategy to me.

The annoying thing is you can't just chose to live with a scratched visor as it could prove disastorous if your vision is impaired as a result. I think the manufacturers should offer cheaper visors to encourage road safety especially when you have already forked out for a top of the range helmet.

It's a shame there isn't a bit of competition to keep manufacturers spares prices in check like there is with pattern parts for example.

Interestingly on the replacement age of helmets Shoei recommend 5 years from first use of a helmet on their site, assuming damage doesn't necessitate earlier replacement. Funny how advice varies between manufacturers. Are Shoei right or just greedier I wonder!

:013:
Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:22:00 PM by Greenie

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 03:12:43 PM
Adst,

hi mate just saw your post about visors, have you tried www.racevisors.co.uk they are based in the Channel Islands so the tax is.........well less  :007:

Quick look on their website has a Schuberth S1 Pro at £48.99 in clear and I think that's incl. p&p

Rob

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:46:22 AM
thanks for that - I've actually ordered one with pinlock from Germany @ 62 delivered not 72 so feel better but even so ...
and pinlock insert at 20+ squids  is steep - its a bit of  plastic ... aka tesco thro away meat tray !...promise no more ranting !

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 11:09:52 AM
Totally agree, everything seems a right rip off these days.

Just replaced my VW third brake light, £47.56 for the part (a few led's in a plastic strip) garage wanted a total of £108 to fit. I did it in less than 10 minutes for free.  :002: