Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Wanted 2015 Crossrunner UK or Spain  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Alan

• Crossrunner Member
Wanted 2015 Crossrunner UK or Spain
on: March 02, 2016, 07:07:45 PM
Hi,

I'm interested in a 2015. Anything considered, UK or Spain.

Thanks Alan.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Wanted 2015 Crossrunner UK or Spain
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:36:46 PM
Hi Alan,  :400:

So you're looking to buy a 2015 Crossrunner, have you ridden one yet?

Offline Alan

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58:34 PM
Going for a test ride as soon as the weather improves !

Alan

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:15:01 PM
Well done Alan, let us know how you get on and what you think of them. They certainly take off after 6500 rpm!  :046:

Offline Alan

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:36:30 PM
I want to change my bike in Spain (KTM Superduke) for something more sensible/comfortable cos I'm getting older & for longer distance. So far had a test ride on a New Tiger 800 & a Yamaha Tracer and and will test a Crossrunner but couldn't get  test in Spain. Tracer light & quick - sort of had a cheap feel about it at low speed, strange vibration/noise but ok when revved - a MT-09 I rode same,   (harsh suspension on rougher roads?) but hey it is cheap ! Screen on it was very noisy & adjusting no help. Tiger felt smoother, relaxed somehow, screen a bit better but not as good as a naked bike - blows more but actually quieter.
All kind of difficult to compare from an hours test ride from a dealer on different roads I don't know.
Crossrunner seems like it should be good only issues I can see re others are weight and the knee angle, I sort of get stiff knees after a few hours in a day.
I've always liked Hondas but not had one for while, they didn't really have anything I wanted that much.

Alan

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 11:48:04 AM
you may want to read the general chat dialogue on  " Good Write Up In Bike December 2015 " that compares 3 bikes ,
the 2015 I dont find cramped leg position and is supposed to be better than pre 2015 .. but then I dont have long legs 29" inside

enjoy your test

Offline Alan

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Adst [+]
you may want to read the general chat dialogue on  " Good Write Up In Bike December 2015 " that compares 3 bikes ,
the 2015 I dont find cramped leg position and is supposed to be better than pre 2015 .. but then I dont have long legs 29" inside

enjoy your test
Thanks for info, I think I've read all the reviews etc on & offline ! Now I need a ride for myself, just the weather's been uninspiring, maybe brave it at the weekend. Shame its not easier to get a longer test with most places especially for a more tourer based machine where long term comfort/wind blast etc is more important.

Alan

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 10:32:18 PM
My Mrs had a test ride on the old model CR that she bought, we took the CR out for half a day, like you she tried quite a few different bikes, but at the time there were very few bikes around of that type she tried a tiger, versys, v-strom, TDM, but the longer test ride did it, it was from CMC in Cannock. There's a web site that will show you the knee angles, called bike ergonomics.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:36 AM
interestingly ( or not)  http://cycle-ergo.com/ doesn't list the lower footpegged older model 2013-2014, just the early 2011-2013 model with the VFR800F positioned footpegs and the new 2015 model.

Offline Alan

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 08:59:56 AM
Yer looked at the ergo site a while ago with the earlier model, not sure how each degree makes for comfort but roughtly for my size a VFR800F has about 70 degrees, 2015 VFR880X: 80, Tiger 800 & Tracer :90 and for comparison a 1200GS :100.
I was having neck/back ache and sometimes knee pain longer rides on a Street Triple and sold it for that reason. Suspension seemed to be part of the problem for back, the rear seemed to kick a jar right up my spine over rough surfaces. Other various bikes I ride give less problems. Interestingly found  tightly fitting (=sports) leather pants & solid knee protectors seemed to be part of the problem for the knee - assume restricting movement/blood etc.

Alan.