Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2015 CR & Givi Top box  (Read 2478 times)

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
2015 CR & Givi Top box
on: March 03, 2016, 05:39:14 PM
FYI the standard Givi M3 Monokey plate will fit directly to the Honda OE top box brackets (you don't need to use the Givi Universal adapter plate).
If you have bought the bike in the UK with the free small Honda top box, you just need to remove the 2 Honda OE mounting plates (upper and lower).
You will need to find yourself 2x suitable length M8 allen bolts to screw into the corresponding holes on the OE Honda top box brackets.
A simple straight swap. Took me 10 minutes to complete today.
I now have a 58 litre Givi 'Outback' aluminium top box fitted to my new 2015 CR.
I'll post a photo when I've got time.

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
Re: 2015 CR & Givi Top box
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 07:50:21 AM
This is exactly what I did with mine.  :002:

I have two concerns with this setup.. firstly, the box is a fair bit further forward than the OEM kit - I'm waiting to see how my wife feels about the available pillion space! Secondly, having only two anchor points in a single plane bothers me.. I've always had three anchor points for the adapter plate (the third using one of the bolts of the box mount). So far it's remained stable, but I'm checking it regularly. That said, the Givi brackets+plate kits have only two anchor points, so maybe it's totally fine!  :084:
Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
Re: 2015 CR & Givi Top box
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:28:29 PM
*Originally Posted by v8guy [+]
This is exactly what I did with mine.  :002:

I have two concerns with this setup.. firstly, the box is a fair bit further forward than the OEM kit - I'm waiting to see how my wife feels about the available pillion space! Secondly, having only two anchor points in a single plane bothers me.. I've always had three anchor points for the adapter plate (the third using one of the bolts of the box mount). So far it's remained stable, but I'm checking it regularly. That said, the Givi brackets+plate kits have only two anchor points, so maybe it's totally fine!  :084:
I know what you mean. I'd prefer it to have more anchor points. Will evaluate the situation in a few months when everything has bedded in.

Luckily I don't need to carry a pillion ... which works fine with the box being further forwards and better handling/weight distrubution.
Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:30:47 PM by mrvelcrofast

recent