Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: MK2 OE heated grips.  (Read 2212 times)

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
MK2 OE heated grips.
on: March 08, 2016, 08:45:07 PM
Anyone find these a little limp heat wise compared to the MK1 versions, or is it just me?

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Re: MK2 OE heated grips.
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 10:06:41 PM
Reckon they're OK .. I run mine at moment -2 this morning ..on 4 ..but hand guards would help as fingers on levers freeze!

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 10:38:55 PM
I use Gerbing heated gloves, they warm the whole hand not just the palm and yes
hand guards do improve the situation regardless of what you use.  :016:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:22:11 AM
Not as warm as the Oxford ones I fitted on my previous bike but as the others said handgaurds help.

:002:

Offline downerhouse

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
  • City / Town: London
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 09:48:21 AM
I complained to my Honda dealer about the poor performance of the heated grips on the 2015 model.  After some investigation, including comparing to another brand new machine in the showroom, they found an obscure Honda technical document. 

It seems that the grips are typically Honda (i.e. over engineered) and contain its own temperature sensor.  The heating is then adjusted based on the ambient temperature.  So the colder it is, the hotter they get for any given heat setting. 

Personally I'd prefer to have control over my life, and would love to replace the standard items with some decent ones, but don't know how difficult it is.  Any thoughts on that appreciated.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 06:49:30 PM
I had the Oxford Adventure heated grips (slightly longer than standard) on my previous bike; a Yamaha Super Tenere and I couldn't use them on "100%" as that would have burnt the skin off my palms; 30, 40 or 75% was fine in the sub zero riding I did in the States. They are apparently fairly easy to fit but had a relatively large control panel bolted to the left handlebar/control, in comparison the Honda control is unobtrusive in design.
I personally find the Honda OE heated grips are fine for me, I've not use the bike in really cold weather yet and when I have had cause to use them, they were more than adequate. I do have a good pair of gloves so that must have a bearing on the matter, but no hand guards, as yet. I think you pays your money and takes your choice.