Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Power bronze screen adjuster.  (Read 6583 times)

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
  • City / Town: Durham
Power bronze screen adjuster.
on: March 18, 2016, 09:24:22 PM
Has anyone bought the Powerbonzescreen adjuster ? If you have, which screen have you got and is it effective ? Rode my 2015 Crossrunner up the A1 and the turbulence was terrible above about 60. I am 5ft 10 with an inside leg of 30, long body.
All info. gratefully received
Many thanks
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Offline dentonlad

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Power bronze screen adjuster.
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 11:24:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Carlsv8 [+]
Has anyone bought the Powerbonzescreen adjuster ? If you have, which screen have you got and is it effective ? Rode my 2015 Crossrunner up the A1 and the turbulence was terrible above about 60. I am 5ft 10 with an inside leg of 30, long body.
All info. gratefully received
Many thanks

Check the original thread from Richard at PB. Those of us that have ordered are awaiting delivery due to several cock-ups on the bracket front.....

FWIW at 5'8" with 29" inside leg I went back to the standard screen after fitting a Givi which produced much head wobbling at anything over 60. I'm hoping the range of adjustment will provide a more satisfactory solution. Givi screen likely to be going cheap soon.....
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow - unless it's a bike ride.....

VFR800X, NC700X and CB650F.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:43:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, are you not tempted to try the Givi screen with the powerbronze adjusters when you finally get them ? Seems odd that Honda didn't think to make an adjustable screen on what is a premier level bike. The MRA Varioscreen appeals to me but is quite expensive so I think a bit more research first, I had them on both of my Varaderos and they were pretty good.
Cheers
Carl

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 09:03:20 AM
Is there a perceived benefit on these over the Palmer adjusters?

I got great service from palmers and they do exactly what they say on the box

:187:

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 11:47:37 AM
I agree Reasty!

My experience with Palmer was top notch too. They were very helpful, delivered it the next day and what's more the adjusters work fine on the bike.

I bought the quick adjusting knobs too, so they can be adjusted in under a minute and without needing to use any tools.

:002:

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 04:47:36 PM
I watched the YouTube video of the powerbronze version and liked what I saw, shame they seem to be having some teething problems. Hopefully will get a few answers so I can make my mind up. Not very good at deciding stuff quickly me. :084:

Offline dentonlad

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 08:16:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Carlsv8 [+]
Thanks for the quick reply, are you not tempted to try the Givi screen with the powerbronze adjusters when you finally get them ? Seems odd that Honda didn't think to make an adjustable screen on what is a premier level bike. The MRA Varioscreen appeals to me but is quite expensive so I think a bit more research first, I had them on both of my Varaderos and they were pretty good.
Cheers
Carl

I think the ideal for me is something between the standard screen (which for about 90% of my riding is fine) and the Givi. Hopefully, being able to raise the stock screen a bit will be the answer and will take care of the time on motorways when the standard set up gets a bit wearing or I have to crouch down a bit...... I worry that raising the Givi will make it too high to see over - a problem I had with the Givi screen on my Crosstourer - a wonderful oasis of calm, visor up at 70+, but, once the screen was mucky you couldn't see through it, which could be alarming.....

I have also tried the Givi universal deflector on the stock screen but it didn't half make it wobble - I was worried it would pop off the brackets and I wasn't overly impressed with the way and how it was designed to attach.
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow - unless it's a bike ride.....

VFR800X, NC700X and CB650F.

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 07:51:40 PM
Carl,

I have also found the turbulence and wind noise from the standard screen to be far less than ideal. I'm 6'2'' and find that the air gets me full on in the face and is annoying at most speeds but more so up to motorway speeds.

I am also considering the Palmer or powerbronze adapters in the hope that some adjustability will cure it. My main concern about the Palmer set up is how far away the screen sits from the bodywork. Not sure about the look of that. The powerbronze does look closer to standard but with adjustability.

Does anyone have any photos of their 2015 crossrunners with either set up to compare how they look? Any opinions on how good or bad they are?

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 07:16:47 PM
palmer : fitted with extra accessory bar onbwhich mounted a ram ball for tomtom rider .. adjusters v useful ( although i lost 2 on first ride so tighten them well)
yes it makes screen stand off the bike so not as sleek looking but i think that helps as some air goes under / more over so you get less buffetting from the over air... my theory only i will load some pics On my gallery Adst

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 07:21:31 PM
Adst

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that more air from under the screen might help balance it out a bit. Looking forward to seeing the photos.