Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Quick shifter issues  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Quick shifter issues
on: March 20, 2016, 08:01:19 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any issues with their quick shifter?

My 2015 Crossrunner only has just over 600 miles on it and I bought it with the quick shifter already fitted. It generally works well but on 2 or 3 occasions I have attempted to change up a gear under acceleration and it's as if the bike pauses to think about what's been asked. The display shows a - where the gear would be displayed then after about a second a gear thuds into place.

Am I missing something or does it sound like mine might need some sort of adjustment at the dealer? It works fine 99% of the time.

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
Re: Quick shifter issues
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 06:47:19 PM
Phoned Victor Devine Honda in Glasgow who weren't much use. They told me to phone the dealer I got it from which I did. My bikes quick shifter is the only one that they have fitted!

I can't find any information online so looks like I'll need to take it to a dealer for a check.

Has anyone else had any issues with the quick shifter??

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:02 PM
I can't help with your problem, but it sounds like it needs adjusting either mechanically or with the software. I can't really figure out why would you need a quick shifter on a road bike.
Other opinions are available. 

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:15:51 PM
The quick shifter was the choice of the first owner. Personally not something I would've had fitted. If it's going to be temperamental I'd rather not have it fitted. I think it could also be good fun if working as it should. I've found instructions for the standard VFR which I'm assuming are the same.

http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08U70-MJM-D10.pdf

This is the link for anyone who's interested.

Hopefully my local dealer will get it sorted when it's in next month.

Offline Mihai

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
  • City / Town: Amsterdam
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 02:50:51 PM
The quickshifter only does its job properly if the bike is under load (pulling).
I tried few times to change gears without accelerating and got really weird responses out of the gearbox.

Offline Lex732

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 07:06:14 PM
The bike now has just under 1000 miles on it. I've had the bike out almost all week and have been trying the quick shifter constantly. I've had barely any issues at all so I'll see how it goes over the coming months. If there are any issues I'll get it in for a check while it's under warranty.

recent