Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Chain oilers  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 97 Blade +800x
  • City / Town: Durham
Chain oilers
on: March 21, 2016, 07:55:20 AM
What sort of chain oiler have you fitted and do you rate it ? Always been a scott oiler man but the Tutoro appeals at the moment as it requires no vacuum connection. All input gratefully received
Cheers
Carl
It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Chain oilers
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 08:51:35 AM
I have the Scottoiler but I had the dealer make the vacuum connection.

If funds allow it the e system is a much better option giving a consistent flow whatever the temperature, not requiring a vacuum connection and also only oiling when the bike is moving.

At around £200 though the price is eye watering but I moved mine 3 times from bike to bike as I sold them but left it on my last bike at the dealers request and opted for the v system on cost.

The v system works fine but needs adjusting between seasons as the oil viscosity changes.

:001:

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 03:05:06 PM
 :192:hello Greenie, thanks for the reply. There are 2 pictures on the forum of where to put the vacuum connection. One is yours which you t into the flexible pipe aft of a white plastic connection. Does this pipe go from where appears to be between the v and to the back of the tank area ? it's a bit jammed in under there. The other photo seems to be a pipe that heads for the radiator area. It may be that are both are ok but having fitted several scottoilers, yours appears to make the most sense, though the other picture certainly looks like it is of a Mk. 2 crossrunner.
Many thanks
Carl

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:03:39 PM
Hi,

I didn't actually make the vacuum connection my dealer did and the photo I posted of that connection was provided by Scottoilers technical guy Mark Celino.

I can't really see the connection very clearly from the side of the bike and was told you really have to lift the tank to get at it properly
so am afraid I can't really be of any more help on that.

My PC is down at the moment so I haven't even got access to the original photos until I get it fixed but I am pretty sure I posted all of those that looked to be of any use at the time. Unfortunately I didn't save them on my iPad but if I do find anything useful when it is fixed I will let you know.

Mark Celino was a really helpful guy and he may be able to send some more pictures if you give Scottoiler a call. You would need to get a free adapter from them to fit the injector neatly on our model anyway.

The only thing I did have to do myself was reroute the dispenser tubing from the RMV and refit the injector as my dealer had not made a very tidy job of it. It had also blocked by the time I got home as the cut face was pointing the wrong way when they fitted it.

:002:
Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:08:18 PM by Greenie

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 09:22:12 PM
The torturo system works well enough, but the reservoir in the standard kit is a bit on the small size.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 08:07:22 AM
Hello Gain
Which model have you got and where did you mount the reservoir ?
Cheers
Carl

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 11:08:14 AM
It's mounted behind the pillion footrest hangar, I bought the basic kit, but I would advise that you get the "delux" kit as it has all the bits and bobs needed to mount everything, plus I think the oil reservoir is bigger, the problem there is that you are then into scottoiler prices territory. It would only give about 500 or so miles and I do the chain more often than that anyway.

Offline Carlsv8

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 12:11:22 PM
 Thanks for the reply, Tutoro e mailed me the size of the automatic reservoir and I reckon it's a bit too big to place on the pillion footrest, I have the Mk 2 with the remote suspension adjuster and Honda panniers so it needs to be small, which the manual version appears to be, or Scottoiler.
Cheers
Carl

Offline Reg Varney

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Antrim
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 02:15:49 AM
Hi, I have a PD Oiler fitted to my bike, runs with an electric pump, fully adjustable with the turn of a knob and doesn't throw oil over the rear wheel rim because the oil is delivered via a wick which is in contact with the chain rollers and it costs a lot less than the Scott Oiler.

http://www.pdoiler.co.uk/product.htm

Phil.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 11:20:49 AM
*Originally Posted by Reg Varney [+]
Hi, I have a PD Oiler fitted to my bike

My dealer reckons these are really good and it is what they fit by choice. I already had the Scottoiler though so had them fit that instead.

:002:

* Recent Topics

recent