Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: REMOVING FUEL TANK!  (Read 2849 times)

Offline heathy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR899X
  • City / Town: Rubery
REMOVING FUEL TANK!
on: March 24, 2016, 12:29:21 PM
OK folks, I'm close to getting rid of my 2011 CR simply because it is so difficult to do my own maintainance! Has anyone on the forum managed to remove th fuel tank so the air filter can be changed.  i mean, for gods sake, it's hardly cutting edge mechanical engineering requiring the skills of a Honda (or for that matter, any) mechanics years of training to replace an air filter. So, how do you remove the fuel tank?

Offline Gain

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW Leic's
Re: REMOVING FUEL TANK!
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 09:16:09 PM
Get yourself onto youtube, somebody will have posted a video.
Failing that, give it a good dose of looking at to figure out how the side trims come off,
Your right though,it shouldn't be akin to rocket science.

Good luck with the sale.   

Offline heathy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda VFR899X
  • City / Town: Rubery
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:08:26 AM
have checked youtube and there is nothing! So looks like it's time to go detective and then film it!!

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 02:40:56 PM
Try scanning and enlarging the pic in the owners manual, it's not perfect but it helps.

They use some industrial grade Velcro pads on the side panels and it's a bit disconcerting at first as you apply pressure and the panel gives but doesn't separate.

If you pull,it as far as you dare take a peek behind it with a torch and it all starts to make sense

Bring back nuts and bolts I say!

:005: