Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2011 Crossrunner Handlebar covers (plastic shrouds)  (Read 2355 times)

Offline PaulJC

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Red 2011 (Mk 1)
Hi all,

I am a new member of the forum, and have a question about the plastic handlebar covers on the 2011 Crossrunner. What are eveyone's opinions of them? I'm not sure yet if I like them or not. Has anyone just removed them, and if so, what is underneath them? Does it look OK, or would you need to buy extra parts to finish them off?

Thanks.

Paul.

Online reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: 2011 Crossrunner Handlebar covers (plastic shrouds)
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 06:25:05 PM
Interesting point - it seems to divide opinion with some regarding them as similar to scooter shrouds!
I think they look fine and have never felt the need to remove them, they certainly help to hide the wiring of the aftermarket heated grips I had fitted.
I think the bike strikes a nice balance between being adventure based and sensibly faired - to my eye the pan euros smother too much and the triumph tiger exposes too much plumbing.
I guess the Bottom line is the old adage of beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 08:09:02 PM
They look ugly and cheap.

BUT, it looks worse without them IMHO

Removing them is easy so take em off and see what you think.  2 screws and 2 bolts, plus the tags need to be popped, to take off the rear panel then you can see what the bars look like.

Honda got it right on the 2015 revision, that's how it should have been done in the first place.

Offline PaulJC

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Red 2011 (Mk 1)
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 01:11:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone got any photos of the bars with the shrouds off?

recent