Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Condensation in speedo/dash panel  (Read 2422 times)

Offline agumdoo

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Condensation in speedo/dash panel
on: May 21, 2016, 03:20:19 PM
Hi
My speedo had water in the dash when I got it out after the winter. I have never jet washed my bike or directed a hose at the dash. It dried out quickly but has left the glass dirty on the inside.  Has anyone had this problem and can it be fixed under warranty.

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Condensation in speedo/dash panel
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:01:47 PM
This seems to be a characteristic of some 2015 models.  If you do a search you will find others have also suffered this.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Spock

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:33:14 PM
Never had a problem, and I am cleaning it with a Pressure Washer.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 06:46:18 PM
Hi

I had condensation under the glass on mine in the colder weather.

I am pretty sure I saw an earlier thread where someone had it replaced under warranty but I never got round to following it up myself.

I am going to mention it at the next service though and see what they say.

:001:

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 08:23:45 PM
agumdoo,

It was one of those that had a display unit replied under warranty.
Check out the thread https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,1188.msg8111.html#msg8111

I'm just back from a week long Scottish tour in extremely wet, cold, warm, all the same conditions that seemed to set off the misty before, but now seems good. Apparently the replacement has a different part number so assume they have redesigned or modified it.

Honda UK responded to my original complaint :-

"I am sorry to hear of the recent issue that you have experienced with your motorcycle and that this has caused you some concern.  All of our motorcycles are sold with a 2 year warranty on them to cater for any problems that may arise as a result of a material or manufacturing fault.

I have discussed your concerns with our technical support team who have advised that these clocks are not sealed unit so if there is moisture in them or on the engine then the steam from the engine cam get into the clocks but will clear.  Should you have any further concerns at this time, may I suggest that your motorcycle is taken to your dealership so that digital images can be taken for submission to our technical team.  If they feel that there is a manufacturing fault, then the dealer would need to submit a claim to our offices to be reviewed".

So get yourself along to your Honda dealer and ask for a replacement under warranty, please feel free to quote my experience/warranty repair if they won't help sort it.

Tiggy