Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Handguards  (Read 2134 times)

Offline WAP

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: BRIDLINGTON
Handguards
on: May 24, 2016, 02:06:27 PM
Any advice about fitting GIVI handguards to 2015 Crossrunner. Mainly need info regarding removal of existing grips so the handguards can be fitted.

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Handguards
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:57 PM
Hi

I found the bar ends easy to remove you just need an Allen key.

The bar ends bolt into a rubber bung with the bolt at the back which I could not pull out with the bolt in it.

I removed these carefully in case I needed to reuse them.

Use something not to sharp (I used some long nosed pliers) and push the bung inside its bolt hole against the inside of the bars on one side and drag it carefully out.

This worked for me.

I hope it helps.

:001:

Offline WAP

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: BRIDLINGTON
Re: Handguards
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:29:54 PM
Yeah, thanks for the info. I struggled to get the rubbers out without damaging them, so I tried to fit the guards using just the new longer screws and a couple of the washers. They seem to be ok. Will be interesting to see if they stay ok. I would have liked to rotate the throttle assembly a fraction round the bars because the new support bracket from the mirror to the guards is very close to the throttle cables. I loosened the only screw I could see on the throttle assembly but it didn't want to move.
Watch this space for further updates.

* Recent Topics

recent