Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Moving rear indicators on 2015 model  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Moving rear indicators on 2015 model
on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:53 PM
Hi

I am fitting a set of removable Givi pannier rails to take the V35 cases.

The fitting of the rails was fairly straightforward despite the woeful instructions.

The last stage is to reposition the indicators with the extension brackets supplied in the kit as the cases will not go on until the indicators are shifted further back.

The actual fitting looks simple enough but for the life of me I can't seem to find a way to access the backs of the rear indicators so I can remove them and attach the extension brackets.

Could anyone let me know how to get the indicators off as it is giving me a real headache?

:087:

Offline silkysilcock

• Crossrunner Member
  • Silkysilcock
  • Bike: VFR800 Cross
  • City / Town: Bury
Re: Moving rear indicators on 2015 model
Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 04:21:25 PM
I managed it on mine with taking I think with taking rear light section off I could talk you through when im stood by my bike.

Quality and fit of Givi system is great but I agree the instructions are awfull! took me nearly 1/2 day to fit!

Mike
2014 Crossrunner - picking up March 1st 2016

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Re: Moving rear indicators on 2015 model
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:01:46 PM
Thanks Mike but I managed it eventually.

The rack went on in no time but it took me hours to do the indicators.

In the end I removed the rear fender which was attached by a bolt through it from the reflector, two screws and two plastic pins underneath/inside the fender, two screws under the pillion seat and four Allen bolts (2 on the side of the fender and two inside the rear side panels which I found after I removed the rear carrier in desperation).

Even then the fender was still attached by the light wiring giving limited access to the backs of the indicators.

What a hassle!

But as you say the quality and fit is great so I am well happy now that they are on.

I bought the Givi inner bags too which fit the panniers perfectly and now carry all my gear to work between them with room to spare.

:087:

recent