Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Question about stability and consuption  (Read 2575 times)

Offline panagos

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: magnesia
Question about stability and consuption
on: May 30, 2016, 11:48:58 AM
I'm going to sell my cbr 1100xx since i'm not travelling that far any more and i need a bike for everyday use,some turing during summer ,an all around bike in general.How does the bike feel with a second person onboard.Is the passenger seat confortable enough?Does fuel consuption get affected dramaticly with a second person onboard?

Offline Skysky

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2011 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Singapore
Re: Question about stability and consuption
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 05:43:35 AM
Hey ho.
I think the consumption isn't great, I get about 16kms to a litre averaging the two, 15-ish if I'm in the city and 18 on the highways at about... let's just put it as above 110km/h.

I did piggyback my boyfi and we weighed in at about 180kg's, I'm lighter so I had the preload set to 1 turn towards soft since I usually solo and that ended up not being very comfortable for him. I didn't max out the rear sus on bumps but I think with proper settings, it would be mighty perfect. A breeze to cruise at 110 too. FC dropped from 18 to about 17, and the leg portion gets warm.

Offline panagos

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: magnesia
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:03 PM
You get about 330kms average per tank.The tank is 20.8 litres right? I think you are ok if you ride with passenger.I used to get about 250-260kms on highway with my previous bike with 23 litre tank. You have 2011 model right? Honda says fuel consuption dropped after engine modifications on 2014 model.
Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:17:45 PM by panagos

Offline Swedesteve

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:07:01 PM
I don´t think the consumption is that bad, i rode mine a 2011 model friday and sunday for 299km and I filled it up with 12,9 litres of fuel and that is 4,3l/100km which isn´t that bad I think. And my weight is 120 kilos +
The stability is for me very good both in the city and out on the roads.

//Stefan
Why walk when you can ride?

Offline LWillow

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: CR ('13 model)
  • City / Town: Sobral M. Agraço
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:12:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Swedesteve [+]
I don´t think the consumption is that bad, i rode mine a 2011 model friday and sunday for 299km and I filled it up with 12,9 litres of fuel and that is 4,3l/100km which isn´t that bad I think. And my weight is 120 kilos +
The stability is for me very good both in the city and out on the roads.

//Stefan

Sorry,  but I don't believe it !  4,3l/100kms ??? I never heard someone with a Crossrunner telling something like that ! I have the same model and I never did below 6l/100kms !
I use the bike as a hobby for leisure and I don't want to change it for another bike ! I love riding the Crossrunner , but 4,3 l/100kms isn´t a credible scenario !  :164:

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 06:44:09 AM
Just for a different angle my 2015 Crossrunner computer reports an average of around 52 miles per gallon (18.4km/ltr = 5.43 ltr/100km) at fill up time, my previous 2013 Crossrunner was reporting slightly less, all in normal riding

Offline Swedesteve

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Honda VFR800X
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:13 AM
*Originally Posted by LWillow [+]
Sorry,  but I don't believe it !  4,3l/100kms ??? I never heard someone with a Crossrunner telling something like that ! I have the same model and I never did below 6l/100kms !
I use the bike as a hobby for leisure and I don't want to change it for another bike ! I love riding the Crossrunner , but 4,3 l/100kms isn´t a credible scenario !  :164:

I didn´t either actually but the trip said 299km and I filled it up all the way to the lid and it was 12,9 litres so.... that is the fact.
After what I have read it should be much worse... But we will have to see when I have ridden it some more.
Why walk when you can ride?