nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel consumption  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Runningman

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Dorset
Fuel consumption
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
Hello everyone.
I'm a newbie. 
Thinking of getting a Crossrunner.  Have owned four VFR's in the past.  Two 750's and two 800's.  Loved 'em to bits.  The Crossrunner's riding position would suit my ageing body perfectly. 
Bit concerned about the fuel consumption though.  Many test riders, including Kevin Ash, only get 35 mpg (Imperial).  The latest Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine says '55 mpg frugal'. Who is right?  What are the members of this forum achieving?

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Fuel consumption
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
I'm new with the bike too but I think they are both right. Depends on the riding style I guess. In VTEC mode I can see it getting thirsty especially with pillion, but cruising at 75mph on motorways seems very economical. Not enough miles to make a judgement but my first impressions are that is the rider who decides how economical this bike should be.

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Fuel consumption
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
I have been keeping a carefull record with a best of 59 MPG a worst of 47MPG. my average is 48.5 MPG. All in Imperial measures
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

danesman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 01:22:12 PM »
I am averaging approx 46mpg. This is without any real efforts to ride with economy in mind

Shaunomercy

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57:47 PM »
Actually, id say everyones correct.  Kev ash is correct at about 33-35mpg in loony mode, and in touring mode, short shiffting, but not hanging about, 55mpg is achieveable.
I dont think the bikes any thirstier than my vfr800 vtec.

Paul

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:57:25 PM »
I would go along with all of above - on some super long sunny rides over into South Wales/Brecon etc -consumption was high 30mpg's and was partly due to sheer enjoyment of the V tec in lower gears than necessary a lot of the time. But when riding in a more controlled "cruise" down to South Coast for a short stay, with luggage on board and less V -tec, much better consumption - up by 10mpg.  According to tripometer - am doing overall average 45 mpg since new - which is about same as 1250 suzuki was giving - so am happy - particularly as its so much more fun on this bike.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
Hi Runningman as well as answering your question regarding fuel I should have said welcome to the forum :400: I'm sure that you will find plenty of interest on here
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

recent