Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Disappointed  (Read 2556 times)

Offline agumdoo

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Disappointed
on: June 26, 2016, 07:54:27 PM
My 2015 Crossrunner is just over a year old and has done only 4500 miles and has a badly corroded oilcooler and rockerbox cover, a worn out back tyre and water in the speedo. Should be able to get corrosion and speedo done under warranty. Will the replacements last any longer? Not what I expected from Honda. I have ordered 2 new Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres - hope they last a bit longer.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Re: Disappointed
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:38:53 PM
Sorry to hear that agumdoo, I had the speedo water problem and that was replaced under warranty (new part number), my Scorpions have done 5500 miles, the rear has about 2500 left, I'm really heavy on the front so maybe another 1500 and she'll need renewing. Corrosion, I initially treated mine with WD40 then shortly after ACF50, so far the only corrosion evidence is slightly discoloured brightwork i.e. the plated nuts and bolts, other than that nothing. Have you the front fender extender, hugger and taken any preventative measures?
Did you ride it through road salt, if so did you wash it off asap?

Offline agumdoo

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:09:08 PM
Thank you for your response Tiggy. I live in the north of Scotland and our roads are salted from October/November through to April/May but I have a hose on the side of my garage and I always rinse it off after a run. I will get a fender extender and treat the new parts with a preventative product.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:45:23 AM
Well done, we was up your way recently (May) and love the roads, but could quite imagine how difficult they are when the winter sets in. We found the road surface is generally harsh, but so grippy but lacking the potholes we suffer down here in Surrey. Our roads are a joke compared to yours! I would say ACF50 is the one but a tad expensive, ideally spray it on a clean bike and resist cleaning it again until the roads are clear of salt. Mine came up like new after our tour of your NW coast in some pretty heavy rain and we found some interesting roads, often covered with loose gravel and grime (perhaps residue salt?).
Good luck with the new parts.  :002:

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 04:20:16 PM
I have to agree with Tiggy : prep the bike with acf50 prevention ...I use a compressor paraffin sprayer to fine mist everywhere that it can ...
as for the tyres .. I toured Scotland last month and 2000+  miles was equivalent of 4000 down here - so your 4500 miles is 8-9000 anywhere other than scotland  the granite surface and hard riding did for my tyres whilst up there .. that said what a place to Ride I still cannot get over how much I enjoyed myself !
don't be dissapointed with the Crossy I can guarantee a BMW would fair far worse with salt ...I had an f650 GS that corroded down here in the south of england the forks and engine case were pitted and bubbling when I got shot of it ...and I have a mate with a new adventure 1200 Beemer on his second gear box and other multiple issues ...