From Turkiye

Views: 60
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums
nordkapp

Views: 227
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Snow today  (Read 1529 times)

danesman

Snow today
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:50:22 AM »
The first of the weather arrived here ( Welwyn ) today. Looks like Sunday's blast could be in doubt. My previuos bike had a Datatool 3 fitted, at all times when in the garage it was connected to an Optimate battery charger/conditioner cos of the drain from the alarm. The immobilizer  on the XR goes into sleep mode after 24 hrs.
 Question is would you  people still connect to Optimate if the bike is garaged even for just a couple of weeks ?

Cheers
Pete

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Re: Snow today
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »
If the bike is garaged, I would keep it connected on the Optimate just for good practice. That being said, my previous bike had a Datatool S4 Red and it's been covered outside for a couple of months without Optimate and started just fine in the spring and had no problems during the year. I'm building a garage next year though.

As for the weather, it looks like today will be the worst with dry roads on Sunday and warming up next week up to 12C for Xmas :D

Shaunomercy

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
I don't leave it connected all winter to my optimiser. About every 3 week I plug in to top battery up for 24 hrs and then unplug again.
Works for me.
Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »
The CR will be garaged all winter (The Deauville does the bad weather work) and will be hooked up to the optimate all the time.
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »
I don't "winter" the bike as such and so will only use optimate once in a while - eg when its sub freezing for a few days and also after I have (hopefully) managed to get out for an hour or two on those occassional super sunny 'n dry days we get Jan/Feb time. Mid March - is start of biking season to me (what with global warming and all that) and lets hope it won;t be too long arriving!!
Otherwise have it up on main stand (with plank underneath to give a bit more height off ground),front wheel also off ground plus thick ruber matting beneath and heavy internal cover. Most of which makes no difference - just like to fuss it.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

* Recent Topics