Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Leg cramp  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Richard42

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Cross Runner
  • City / Town: Reading
Leg cramp
on: July 21, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Hi old teach,
Yes recently moved from a cb1100 to the Crossrunner for exactly that reason, cramping. I've only had the Crossrunner for a couple of weeks, but already feels a lot more comfortable. Only problem at the moment is I tend to slide forward gradually and it becomes quite uncomfortable for obvious reasons. Looking for some advice on the solution.
Richard

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Leg cramp
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:42:30 PM
Sounds like you need an aftermarket seat. I have a Top Sellerie seat on my 2011, much better than the original - a stable riding position and very comfortable.  It even looks good.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 11:37:17 PM
Si - does the top sellerie alter the height noticeably? They look quite flat in the pics whereas the OE seat is quite steep towards the back

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:09 PM
I specified a lower seat height as an option, but the difference from OE seemed marginal.  It may be that a standard Sellerie could feel higher than OE, but I have no experience to back that up.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Oldteach

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Katanning
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Richard42 [+]
Hi old teach,
Yes recently moved from a cb1100 to the Crossrunner for exactly that reason, cramping. I've only had the Crossrunner for a couple of weeks, but already feels a lot more comfortable. Only problem at the moment is I tend to slide forward gradually and it becomes quite uncomfortable for obvious reasons. Looking for some advice on the solution.
Richard

Hi,

I use an Airhawk seat, it give me a little more lift even though the air bladder is hardly filled. Also you can move it around a little to help adjust to your preference. That may help, you could get a couple of old towels and place it on the seat to get an idea if this may be a viable option....would not ride with it though  :002:

cheers,

Oldteach

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:51:06 PM
i used to get it on the vfr 800 I had b4 the crossrunner - I had a gel insert fitted by a company near Brands Hatch.
Result happiness - previous platter of aches and pains disappeared :082:
Not had a problem with the CR I think so much is down to individual build / rear end shape etc

recent