Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Choosing my next bike.  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Longtimerider

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Southampton
Choosing my next bike.
on: August 27, 2016, 06:51:44 AM
Hi, Longtimerider here  :028:, I'm new to this Forum and it seems I have to accumulate at least 15 posts before I can get an album and post photos.  I have been a member of the NC700 Forum for over 2 years added 191 posts and have thoroughly enjoyed all that it has done for me and my bike, an NC750Xdct.

Having decided that I was getting a little jaded with the rather clunky auto gear changing on my bike, I decided to get a test ride of the new 2016 up-graded version to see if the improvements solved the clunky change up / down in the lower gears.  While waiting for the dealer to get a demo bike available, I went and tried a Triumph Tiger 800 and then a VFR 800X.

Well, as soon as I rode off on the Crossrunner, I forgot about the NC750, stayed out for 4 hours having a ball and came back and placed my order - a no brainer for me!

I pick up my new bike 16th September when I return from a trip down to Monaco over 14 days on the NC, can't wait.
Regards,
Longtimerider

Online reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Choosing my next bike.
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 08:59:10 AM
 :400:
A great choice!
I rode an nc as a courtesy bike - seemed like a good work horse but a world part from the cr

Offline dentonlad

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:37:12 AM
Hi Philip,

Told you you'd find me on here! Good to see you join us.

Cheers  :031:

Keith
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow - unless it's a bike ride.....

VFR800X, NC700X and CB650F.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 04:21:07 PM
I too have taken the NC as a loan bike whilst the CR was being serviced.
You will miss the great fuel consumption, but you will now have a bike that can do all the NC did AND also be a hooligan tool should you ever have the urge, and everything in between.
Enjoy. (I'm sure you will!)

* Recent Topics