Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New CR Owner  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Throbber

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Bristol
New CR Owner
on: August 31, 2016, 03:44:47 PM
Hi All.  After some deliberation (and research on the forum) I recently picked up a white 2015 CR (ex-demo with top-box, Akra, sat nav etc).  I've been riding for a few years now (32 at the last count) and chose the CR as a solid everyday, do-everything bike.  I've previously owned mainly Hondas - VFR750, & 2 fireblades.  My most recent bike is a Ducati 1198, 100% reliable so no Italian build-quality based jokes please (OK, just a couple if you insist).  I'll keep the Ducati for sunny sunday rides, but for the other 360 days of the year I'll probably be using the Crossrunner from now on.  I think it's fair to say that the CR wins in the comfort stakes.

After researching on the forum I've added a couple of tasteful (hopefully) mods:
Givi Airflow Screen - Helps a bit with the buffeting, but reduces, rather than eliminates the problem
Pyramid Fender extender
Pyramid Hugger - Does a good job keeping the rear clean
Evotech radiator guards - just being paranoid
Givi handguards - not fitted yet, waiting for cooler weather - won't be long now.
Chain oiler - I hate manually oiling my chain, even with the bonus of a centre stand (I haven't had one of those since my 1988 VFR 750)

Cheers,
Jon

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: New CR Owner
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:22:46 PM
 :400:
Which oiler did you go for?

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:26:08 PM

Offline Greenie

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CBR650F
  • City / Town: Rayleigh
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:27:23 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum  :400:

:031:

Offline Throbber

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Bristol
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:08:00 PM
*Originally Posted by reasty [+]
Which oiler did you go for?

It's an old electronic Chaintec oiler.  I don't know what happened to that brand, I must have bought it around 2001.  It's still working so I've re-homed it on the Crossrunner.

* Recent Topics