Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: tall screen for 2014 crossrunner  (Read 2761 times)

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Caponord Rally
  • City / Town: Addlestone
tall screen for 2014 crossrunner
on: September 03, 2016, 10:17:02 PM
A quick update, I have now taken possession of my tall screen for my 2014 crossrunner ( I will post pictures soon). My first thoughts are that unlike the original screen, the holes are drilled on the curved face of the screen, (the original is moulded with flat areas around the holes) having fitted the PowerBronze screen I noticed that the top edge does not appear 100% uniformly curved and I can only put this down to different tensions on the screws. I will tinker and get back to you on this point. The screen is a little noisier in use compared to the standard one, due to the fact it pushes the air up to level with my nose rather than hitting me in the upper chest on the standard screen. The upside is that I now no longer have my helmet being bobbed about by the wind at higher speeds. (I'm 6 foot tall with an inside leg of 32").

One other slightly distracting thing is that on unlit roads at night, some of the light from the headlight is diffused and shines through the edges of the screen, giving an H.U.D. type of effect on both sides and the top edge of the screen.

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Re: tall screen for 2014 crossrunner
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:44:02 PM
Well, I have tinkered with the screw tightness and I appears to have given A more uniform appearance to the screens top edge.
I have noticed some odd reflections cast by the new screen which gives the appearance of cracks or ripples across the instrument pod every now or then. Nothing serious. Perhaps.the gentle tint version would have been a better bet. Not unhappy just seeking perfection. 😃
Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:45:58 PM by 54K+

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:50:51 PM
Old screen and new screen comparison, especially with the increased seat height, i'm now more than happy. :046:

Offline PerFj

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: Roskilde
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:29:52 AM
Hi

Is your new touring screen the Powerbronze Part Number 420-H140 - 125mm higher than the stock screen.
It is difficult to see when the pictures are from different angels :-)
How about the stability of the bike, and the steering. Any change with the tall screen.

You mention reflections in the screen. If this is caused by the headlights, maybe you could omit that by adding narrow tape on the edge of the screen towards the headlight. Just to test. If that works, you could paint the edge of the screen black, so that you would have a "seamless" solution.   

Best Regards
Per
Best Regards
PerFj

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 05:04:15 PM
Yes that is the one. Stability is good. No issues with the steering (why would there be?   :034: )  I've now fitted the taller saddle, again with no issues affecting stability. I've considered taping or painting the bottom edge of the screen to stop the light bleeding through but I'm now getting used to it and haven't considered it too urgent to both rectifying the issue.

best regards

Trevor

Offline PerFj

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: Roskilde
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 06:33:03 PM
Hi Trevor .
Well,  I have purchased an original Honda touring screen, but I think there is too much turbulence around the helmet, even at low speed. And it takes more power to change lane on the highway. So the Powerbronze screen might be worth trying. 

Per
Best Regards
PerFj

Offline 54K+

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:55:14 PM
I think it might slightly affect mpg or L per km.. But its marginal.😃