Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fuel tank removal  (Read 6155 times)

Offline Jake69

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Fuel tank removal
on: September 19, 2016, 08:49:18 PM
I know this was on an earlier post ...but did anyone ever find out how to get the plastics off and removing the tank....thanks

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Re: Fuel tank removal
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:37:03 PM
I've done this, to remove plastics:-
Take out the 4 fixings from the plate under the beak and remove that plate. Then take out the fixings for the inner lower panels, one of which is shaped to fit around the horn and remove those 2 panels. Remove the two fixings, 1 each side from the very front of the side plastics up under the beak.
Remove 1 bolt each side that are on the lower part of the side panel either side of the top radiator. Remove the two chrome screws and washers from the main side panels. Remove clips, 1 each side from the inner panel which attach the main sides to the inner. Then slide the side panels backwards to disengage from the tank and the extended front parts of the main side panels. at the same time you should ease the front of each side panel down and out to disengage the plastic tag at the front. Once these are both off the tank is easy to remove. Remove the two front mounting bolts from the tank and the two rear mounting bolts which are under the front seat. Then lift the tank up and remove hose connections, fuel line and electrical plug. I would recommend removing the battery completely from the bike before attempting this work. et voila! Any questions?
Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:05:54 PM by Bruggen

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 09:27:12 PM
Yup - one question

How did you work it out? :087:

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 09:50:43 PM
Several City & Guilds Certificates in Mechanics helped initially and accessory fitting guide for fog lights and now access to the workshop manual which confirmed everything. No photos at the moment though, it's currently back in the dealership getting a cock up of theirs sorted out, wont have it back till the end of the month. In the meantime having to ride a demonstrator NC750S, not very good after the Crossrunner.
Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:55:10 PM by Bruggen

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 03:50:55 PM
Guess it'll make the CR feel like new again when you get it back.

What dealer do you use?

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 04:27:35 PM
I use P&H at Crawley, they're brilliant. OK one of their mechanics made a mistake, but they acknowledged that without question and are putting things right, all free of charge and they gave me a demonstrator to use and filled the tank right up. I couldn't ask for better service to be honest.

Offline Jake69

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 05:29:21 PM
Have done that and it worked a treat ...but can I ask why remove the battery????..............ps Thanks for the info Bruggen....

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 06:55:46 PM
I recommend removing the battery when removing the fuel tank because the fuel line connection is pretty much right above the battery and you do get a little come out when you disconnect the coupling. Glad the info was useful to you Jake. :028:

Offline Jake69

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:56 PM
Good point ...must admit never thought of that ...ooppss......cheers

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 07:15:04 PM
It seems that my dealer didn't cut the loom, so it remains a mystery where this was done, but it was a brand new bike, so the plot thickens, however; my dealer has fitted a new loom and I have my bike back, brilliant job from the dealer and the quick shifter is superb
Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:19:13 PM by Bruggen